New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Did you really need to start THREE threads on this?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    Did you really need to start THREE threads on this?
    Merged the threads. Thanks.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Merged the threads. Thanks.
    Thanks Cathy. Sorry for the mess, just got confused where to place it.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I'm more partial to the Viofo A119. it's also sold as Spytec A119 at Walmart.

Looks great. The one on the upper part looks a bit darker. How much did you get it?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    ung sa akin kumuha ako ng supply sa cigarette plug tapos nilagyan ko ng female socket at switch para dun ko i plug ung usb adaptor.para walang makikita na naka plug dun sa cigarette socket.
    Can you share some pictures sir? Parang masmalinis yan..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbites View Post
    Looks great. The one on the upper part looks a bit darker. How much did you get it?
    I haven't bought it yet. I saw it at Walmart the other day. I did a little research and found out it's quite good. I think the Spytec A119 is $76. I didn't check out the A119S. But, it is at Walmart's web site for $90. More than likely, they also have the A119S in stock.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/A119S-108...-Cam/768343245

It's very rare for me to have problems with other motorists here in the US. So, I don't need it for security purposes. But, it's a good way to record my road trips without being distracted and we have one coming soon.

Oh. We included SoCal in our itinerary which is one place where we might actually need a dash cam. Many drivers there have frayed nerves.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 16th, 2017 at 12:28 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Looking at both the Viofo A119 and the A119S, it boils down to the higher resolution (1440p) and the wider FOV of the A119 vs the brighter sensor, but lower resolution (1080p) of the A119S.

For the purposes of recording my road trip, I'm better off with the 1440p A119, especially since I don't plan to drive at night.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Xioami Yi also looks good. I'll consider it as well, especially with its lower price.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I haven't bought it yet. I saw it at Walmart the other day. I did a little research and found out it's quite good. I think the Spytec A119 is $76. I didn't check out the A119S. But, it is at Walmart's web site for $90. More than likely, they also have the A119S in stock.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/A119S-108...-Cam/768343245

It's very rare for me to have problems with other motorists here in the US. So, I don't need it for security purposes. But, it's a good way to record my road trips without being distracted and we have one coming soon.

Oh. We included SoCal in our itinerary which is one place where we might actually need a dash cam. Many drivers there have frayed nerves.
    It's a totally different situation here in the Phils. We mostly need the dashcam for insurance claims and reporting a hit and run
    But I also share the joy of capturing road trips and even editing them.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbites View Post
    It's a totally different situation here in the Phils. We mostly need the dashcam for insurance claims and reporting a hit and run
    But I also share the joy of capturing road trips and even editing them.
    I went ahead and ordered the Spytec A119 with GPS logger. Our road trip is a week from now. I'll post test images wherever I can. I had to order because the one in Walmart was a display unit and not for sale. They're currently out of stock.

I was a little wishy-washy between the Xioami Yi and the A119 because of the former's lower price. It's pretty good too.

We're headed to SoCal for 2-3 days. So, it's a good idea to have a dashcam while we're there. Lots of doofus drivers there.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 18th, 2017 at 11:20 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
I highly recommended this Dash Camera (affordable, well-built and captures bright videos at night)