New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Guys,

Need you opinions on this. I've recently ordered the new Honda Jazz 2011. I'm not so good at parking, and I really found the back-up sensors of our Toyota Altis very helpful. I'm thinking of putting back-up sensors on my Jazz. Here's the prob. The Genuine Honda Back-up Sensors costs 4,800 while if I get it from Car shops, I can get them for 2,000 only. Honda says if I get anything electronic attached thats not Honda, it would void the warranty on the electrical. So.... is it worth it guys??? I was also planning on putting in HID headlamps but this VOID Warranty is threatening me lol. So anyhows , What you guys think? Is the price diff worth it? Does voiding the electrical warranty impose a great risk? Thanks for the info guys!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    im not sure if meron talaga genuine back up sensors na OEM so to speak unless high end yung auto like say accord/camry na factory installed talaga ang back up sensors... yun i can say is really genuine.

pero if your jazz doesnt have back up sensors as stock, and casa will install it as an added accessory, galing din yan sa carstore/accessory shop.

yung mga car accessories dept sa mga casa eh mga accessories shop din yan na taga-labas. subcon sila nung dealer. mga 2 car accessories shop kilala ko subcon sila sa hyundai/mitsu.

so most probably ang kakabit din nila sa jazz mo eh aftermarket, not really made by honda/OEM. malaki talaga mark up sa price dahil casa so to speak ang nagbenta/nagkabit and to avoid nga voiding the warranty.

pero ang magkakabit talaga nyan eh, like sa mga tints/alarm etc eh yung tao nung car accessories shop.. hindi honda personnel.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    Guys,

Need you opinions on this. I've recently ordered the new Honda Jazz 2011. I'm not so good at parking, and I really found the back-up sensors of our Toyota Altis very helpful. I'm thinking of putting back-up sensors on my Jazz. Here's the prob. The Genuine Honda Back-up Sensors costs 4,800 while if I get it from Car shops, I can get them for 2,000 only. Honda says if I get anything electronic attached thats not Honda, it would void the warranty on the electrical. So.... is it worth it guys??? I was also planning on putting in HID headlamps but this VOID Warranty is threatening me lol. So anyhows , What you guys think? Is the price diff worth it? Does voiding the electrical warranty impose a great risk? Thanks for the info guys!
    I have no idea why so many users here are so worried with the warranty for very simple add-ons.

Anyway, I would recommend that you just buy it outside the casa and save the money. Just make sure that you get a good set. I think sensors sell for less than 2,000. 2 eye sensors would be enough for a small car like the Jazz. Adding sensors are very simple and I'm pretty sure nothing will happen to the electronics of your car

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    also had the same dilemma early this year... contemplating between PHP6500 2-eye back-up sensors from casa vs PHP1800 4-eye sensors from outside... i took the cheap one, and guess what, same lang ang function... naka tipid pa ako ng PHP4700...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i had my alto installed with 2-eye Caido backup sensor for 1.5k sa evangelista more than 2 yrs ago and it's still working..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Walang geniune Honda back sensor. Otherwise naka describe sa owner's manual mo iyan even as an option.

What the dealer is selling is basically the same thing in Banawe pero may tatak ng Honda. Same thing with their alarm for which my friend was duped into buying. Pagkita ko, same lang sa Banawe pero may tatak ng Honda sa key chain. Even the instruction manual is typical China Engrish. hehehe.

For the Jazz, I just ordered a set from sulit.com from a seller named Roman Lao. Two eyes back sensor for Php1k and had it installed by Jemson. It also has a dash display showing the approximate measurement of the rear obstacle and as to what side it is. I still have Roman's number if you want to inquire.

It works great naman. I'm happy with it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I did a quick canvass and the cheapest I found here was 2,000 for the backup sensors, maybe its more expensive coz I live in Cebu. I guess its cheaper there in Manila. Alright, I like all your arguments and that it does makes sense that the accessories are mostly likely subcon to Car shops rather than being Genuine Honda since they didn't come with the car. Thanks for the info! I'll get from the Car Shops nalng =)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    sorry for this question, how's backing sensor is installed? nag-bubutas ba yun para ilagay yung sensor? thanks

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You bore into the bumper or you stick it on the bumper depending on the brand. I usually buy the brand that bores into the bumper. You can use body filler and repaint later on if you remove it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Thanks for enlightenment

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Genuine Back-up sensors or from Car Stores? - is the price difference worth it?