New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Sharing my next project. Already got myself Front View CCD Camera and 5" Color TFT LCD monitor. Testing the two items together.

Front View CCD Camera displays normal image and without parking lines. This is opposite of Rear View Camera which displays mirrored (reversed) image and with parking lines. CCD sensor provides better image that CMOS sensor. Camera is waterproof and has IR night vision as well.

The 5" Color TFT LCD monitor has a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. Other monitors on the market only have 480 x 240 pixels so be aware when buying. The monitor has MENU, + and - buttons at the back. Brightness, Contrast, Color, Aspect Ratio (4:3 or Wide), and Language can be changed or adjusted.

The monitor has dual AV (RCA) inputs so you can connect 2 cameras. AV1 is the default input. The unit will Auto Power On when video signal is detected and Auto Power Off when no video signal is detected.

My rear camera is already connected to my Pioneer Head Unit so will just connect front camera to the LCD monitor for now. Maybe later, I might add a side view camera.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Been also thinking about this.

Aside from rear camera input, my stone-age XAV-63 has an extra video input, I suppose that can accept feed from a front camera? How can you tell the IR works? My rear camera is *apparently* CCD as I've seen in its label but since it's chinese I'm not sure. It has always been reliable but since I have reverse lights (stock, filament ones), I never wanted any more clarity from the video feed.

Also, aren't the guide lines integrated to the stereo and not the camera? coz I can adjust my lines within the AV setup.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    The parking lines is integrated with my rear camera. I connected it to my TV and it shows the parking lines.

My Pioneer HU also has another AV input. But I would need to switch between front and rear video feeds if I connect front camera to the HU. Also, music playback will stop if I switch to AV input.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Just busy with a lot of stuff, but this is what I had in mind a long time ago....

Camera on the front emblem to maintain the OEM look...

and this to manually activate it with the HU:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    tanong lang po .camera recording nadin po ba yan like dash cam.na pwede mong i record .para ma review.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    sorry but what is the reason for installing a front camera if it is not for recording like a dashcam? i get it for rear cameras because it helps when backing up. pero going forward?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    sorry but what is the reason for installing a front camera if it is not for recording like a dashcam? i get it for rear cameras because it helps when backing up. pero going forward?
    for one, when parking in tight situations!
    when was the last time we saw our front bumpers while inching forward toward a concrete garage wall?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ahh oo nga no! nasanay lang siguro ako sa mga dinadrive ko na i set up my seat so that i can gauge my front bumpers. pwede nga pala ito sa mga vehicles with long hoods.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Ako binubuksan ko ilaw ko. Nakabright pa. Makikita mo kung konti na lang space

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Just busy with a lot of stuff, but this is what I had in mind a long time ago....

Camera on the front emblem to maintain the OEM look...

and this to manually activate it with the HU:
    Nice nga yang OEM look front camera. Wala ako mahanap for Mitsubishi. Meron sa supplier ko ay for Toyota, Honda, Volkswagen, Mazda.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast