New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    What brand and type of car fire extinguisher would you recommend? Primary purpose is of course to save the passengers. Secondary na lang yun i-save yun car.

saw one at ACE brand is Palmer red and green container. The green one is more expensive than the red one. Any feedback about this brand o meron pa mas maganda na mas reliable. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If the green one is the HCFC 123 thats good for ABC type fires, then get that one. HCFC is supposed to be enviormentally friendly IIRC. Also, this type does not require clean up as its a gas that does not leave behind residue.

The regular red type fie extinguisher uses a dry chemical that will wreak havoc on your electrical system and is a pain to clean up. Although if your car catches fire your electrical system is probably toast anyway. Its good for ABC type fires.

Fire types are A = wood, paper, cloth type fires. B = oil and gas firesand C = electrical fires.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would suggest between a CO2/inert gas or a dry chemical fire extinguisher.

For fires that are small or just starting, CO2 or inert gas fire extinguishers are effective enough.

For bigger fires, no choice but to go for a dry chemical extinguisher to control the fire from spreading. Cleaning up the powder after the fire would be a bitch though.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vehicle fire extinguisers are designed as a means of escape and not really a means to save the vehicle (that's just a bonus).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    in Thailand, almost all the hiace that i saw has a fire extinguisher. maganda sana if meron dito with bracket na para naka install na din sa loob ng car

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Automotive fire extinguishers do come with a bracket when you buy them.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Automotive fire extinguishers do come with a bracket when you buy them.
    +1.

I have the Palmer Brand (Red) installed in my car, and it comes with a bracket, but no screws

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I bought mine (red) 3 years ago at ACE hardware.

The level is still on 'good' or in green. Should I replace it na?

BTW, the brand is Seire(?).

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i think chemical extisnguishers needs to be "shaked" once a year to prevent caking.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Got this two years ago from Handyman, Trinoma.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Fire Extinguisher for Car: what brand and type would you recommend?