New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    i had this factory installed alarm. but still nabasagan ako ng salamin and nakuha yung backpack with laptop ko sa Cavite Coliseum in Bacoor Cavite last Sept. 7, 2010, Tuesday. This incident was already blotter in the police. Di ko lang matanggap kung bakit di gumana yung alarm ko eh tamaan nga lang ng bola eh umaangil na. This happened when i am paying in the SSS Bacoor branch within the area. Ang masaklap pa nito i found it nasa bahay na ako. So i dont know whats wrong with the alarm. I hope this incident serve a warning to others.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    no matter how good your alarm is, it won't stop some one from stealing things in your car. best thing to do is don't leave things that you don't want to get stolen in your car.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    ano klase po ng alarm yun and ano po yung kotse nyo? and you said di mo napansin na basag na yung window glass until you got home?
    if single way yung alarm, chances are nag activate yung siren pero di mo narinig... gaano ka po kalayon from your car?

there is the so called 2-way alarm wherein your remote will give you warning that the alarm has been activated kahit malayo ka... usually 300m range.
    or the GSM system where the car will call you kapag nag trigger yung alarm.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    don't be to complacent with car alarms...kahit gaano kamahal yang alarm, 1way,2way,etc, bad elements would not stop stealing things from your car. its just a deterrent, not a guarantee that your car is safe and all movables therein.... so please follow the reminder in parking areas, public places even churches - do not leave valuables inside your car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by povillo View Post
    i had this factory installed alarm. but still nabasagan ako ng salamin and nakuha yung backpack with laptop ko sa Cavite Coliseum in Bacoor Cavite last Sept. 7, 2010, Tuesday. This incident was already blotter in the police. Di ko lang matanggap kung bakit di gumana yung alarm ko eh tamaan nga lang ng bola eh umaangil na. This happened when i am paying in the SSS Bacoor branch within the area. Ang masaklap pa nito i found it nasa bahay na ako. So i dont know whats wrong with the alarm. I hope this incident serve a warning to others.

A car alarm is only a tool.

It will not stop a determined thief from stealing your stuff or your car.

The best is to keep ALL stuff away from being seen. The best place is in your car's trunk, not on the floor inside the cabin, nor on the seats.

The alternative is to carry the stuff with you.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    no matter how good your alarm is, it won't stop some one from stealing things in your car. best thing to do is don't leave things that you don't want to get stolen in your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    A car alarm is only a tool.

It will not stop a determined thief from stealing your stuff or your car.

The best is to keep ALL stuff away from being seen. The best place is in your car's trunk, not on the floor inside the cabin, nor on the seats.

The alternative is to carry the stuff with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by junerski View Post
    don't be to complacent with car alarms...kahit gaano kamahal yang alarm, 1way,2way,etc, bad elements would not stop stealing things from your car. its just a deterrent, not a guarantee that your car is safe and all movables therein.... so please follow the reminder in parking areas, public places even churches - do not leave valuables inside your car.
    +1, +2, +3

yan ang unang-una na ginagawa para maiwasan ang ganyang insidente. wag mag-iiwan ng mga bagay sa loob ng kotse na may value at nakakatawag pansin sa mga magnanakaw.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Chances are, the alarm did sound, but everybody nearby either thought it was a false alarm or simply minded their own business.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How did you not notice that one of your windows was broken?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I knew somebody who bought a brand new Pajero a few years ago. Wala pang plaka, ninakawan na kaagad. And he was very sure he locked and armed the car. Galing ng modus, may nag double park na van, to keep the Pajero out of site then a few minutes lang, ayun, they were able to drive away with the car.

These are professionals and it would be easy to bypass the most sophisticated of alarms. specially the ones that are being sold in Banawe.

I would deduce that your bag where your laptop is was in plain sight kaya parang eye candy yan sa magnanakaw. Advise ko lang sa lahat, tago ninyo mga belongings ninyo from plain sight.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    or atleast use a laptop lock cable at wrap mo lang sa railings ng seats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Even w/ Alarm nabasagan pa din ng window glass