New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ookay... another question... even if i wear seatbelts, when im about to hit something, its a habit na i press the horn hard... when the airbags go off while pressing the horn, its a bad thing noh?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    im actually worried that the airbags will go off when i dont want it to... and i dont want to get deaf or anything coz they said theres a very very loud sound when airbags go off...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by marv25 View Post
    im actually worried that the airbags will go off when i dont want it to... and i dont want to get deaf or anything coz they said theres a very very loud sound when airbags go off...
    Choose one: Deaf or Dead.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you are pressing the horn as it explodes you will most likely break a few fingers if not your hand. The bang isn't as loud as you would expect to make you deaf. As I previously posted I am not speaking from what I see in videos but from my exprience of having both air bags activate. The only hearing damage you'll have is if the air bags activate and hit on on the side of your head around your ears, but you won't go deaf. Put on your seat belt it takes but two seconds to do that and once you get used to it you'll feel naked being in a car without it. What is the point of your thread anyways? Are you trying to find out what happens or trying to get a consensus that what you are doing of not wearing your seatbelt is the correct thing to do?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    uh no... i was mainly asking if airbags go off even without seatbelts or not... sorry

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    im just saying that wearing seatbelts arent common here. only 1 in about 50 people would wear one... i know its strict in other places but yeah... if it were required by the law, it would be no problem for me...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hard braking is not enough to merit sudden deceleration, the weight of the car is almost always high enough to increase deceleration time. That's why people with race cars remove as much weight as possible so they can brake later.

ABS doesn't decrease braking distance, but it allows the driver to remain in control to steer away from the other object. The best way to use ABS brakes, is to stomp on it. On the other hand, standard non ABS brakes can be used as hard as possible but just prior to the point of skidding. It still won't be a large enough deceleration to merit airbag deployment.

If you're about to hit an object, just brace yourself rather than honk the horn. Keep your elbows FLEXED and not locked in a straight extended position.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    im just saying that wearing seatbelts arent common here. only 1 in about 50 people would wear one... i know its strict in other places but yeah... if it were required by the law, it would be no problem for me...
    Well your question has already been answered. My dad always said just because others are doing something doesn't mean you have to follow even when you know it's wrong. Whether it's the law or not it's up to you to wear your seatbelt, you have already been made aware of what can happen without it. You are an adult free to make your choices and nobody in this forum can make you wear your seatbelt. Honestly though your reason for not wearing it is lame. Why is it a problem to wear if it's not mandated by law but not a problem if it was mandated by law? Why is a law needed to make you do something that would be beneficial in extending your life in an accident?

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    If airbags deploy while pressing the horn, surely you can see clearly the polaris up on the sky. One more thing wearing seatbelt is not a guarantee to save's your life in case of an accident, but you have more chances by not wearing at all.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Well your question has already been answered. My dad always said just because others are doing something doesn't mean you have to follow even when you know it's wrong. Whether it's the law or not it's up to you to wear your seatbelt, you have already been made aware of what can happen without it. You are an adult free to make your choices and nobody in this forum can make you wear your seatbelt. Honestly though your reason for not wearing it is lame. Why is it a problem to wear if it's not mandated by law but not a problem if it was mandated by law? Why is a law needed to make you do something that would be beneficial in extending your life in an accident?
    ok fine. sorry na nga. pls close this thread. thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Do airbags activate if you aren't wearing your seatbelt?