New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Help guys! I have a Nissan Patrol and I have made a duplicate for the key. The problem is the car won't start using that new key. But with the old key, it starts. The duplicate key fits well. I am able to turn the key and crank the engine. But it just won't start. A friend told me that the key has a chip which the car detects. If the chip is not programmed properly, the car won't recognize it and it will not start no matter what. Is this true? How can I fix this? Will appreciate any help. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwel View Post
    Help guys! I have a Nissan Patrol and I have made a duplicate for the key. The problem is the car won't start using that new key. But with the old key, it starts. The duplicate key fits well. I am able to turn the key and crank the engine. But it just won't start. A friend told me that the key has a chip which the car detects. If the chip is not programmed properly, the car won't recognize it and it will not start no matter what. Is this true? How can I fix this? Will appreciate any help. Thanks.
    Yep...totoo yan especially sa mga Nissan. That's their security feature ek... Anong year ba yung Patrol mo?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    2001 sir. san pwede ipaprogram yun? sa casa lang ba?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwel View Post
    2001 sir. san pwede ipaprogram yun? sa casa lang ba?

Yep, sa casa lang...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ok sir thanks sa reply.

Defective Duplicate Key