New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Good day!

I have two blackvues, arguably the TODL cam brand you can buy in the market today. The DR650GW-1CHannel I bought from eBay thru their authorised online reseller for a little less than 20K. The other one a DR650GW-2CH I bought from Dash Cam PH for 23K.

The 1CH from eBay performed as promised, delivering clear and crisp footage. This is one unobtrusive beautiful nifty package, dishing out 1080p resolution videos*30fps, with several useful recording modes, voice, gps, wifi, hassle free operation and more. So far the cam is flawless. I could not be happier.

The 2CH from Dash Cam PH, though, is a totally different story. The first thing I noticed was that the video is heavily pixelated. Some call this micro blocking. Then there were no voice prompts. I informed the seller, one David Wong, and after several back and forth emails, I delivered the unit back to their shop, waited for days before they sent me another unit.

The second camera was again a big disappointment. It now has the voice but the live video quality was still horrible a cam less than half the price will thrash it no question. We were again back to email exchanges. After a month of the purchase, David Wong basically told me that there’s nothing that can be done about it, essentially putting the blame on the manufacturer saying 'it’s their system’, implying that all same model cameras deliver heavily pixelated videos. I know and he knows that this is horsesh#$*t. I have a perfectly working DR650 I bought from eBay. He sold me a flawed product and he’s not honouring the warranty! Now I am stuck with a 23K headache.

I will be testing our consumer laws next week with DTI against this seller.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet A-1 View Post
    Good day!

I have two blackvues, arguably the TODL cam brand you can buy in the market today. The DR650GW-1CHannel I bought from eBay thru their authorised online reseller for a little less than 20K. The other one a DR650GW-2CH I bought from Dash Cam PH for 23K.

The 1CH from eBay performed as promised, delivering clear and crisp footage. This is one unobtrusive beautiful nifty package, dishing out 1080p resolution videos*30fps, with several useful recording modes, voice, gps, wifi, hassle free operation and more. So far the cam is flawless. I could not be happier.

The 2CH from Dash Cam PH, though, is a totally different story. The first thing I noticed was that the video is heavily pixelated. Some call this micro blocking. Then there were no voice prompts. I informed the seller, one David Wong, and after several back and forth emails, I delivered the unit back to their shop, waited for days before they sent me another unit.

The second camera was again a big disappointment. It now has the voice but the live video quality was still horrible a cam less than half the price will thrash it no question. We were again back to email exchanges. After a month of the purchase, David Wong basically told me that there’s nothing that can be done about it, essentially putting the blame on the manufacturer saying 'it’s their system’, implying that all same model cameras deliver heavily pixelated videos. I know and he knows that this is horsesh#$*t. I have a perfectly working DR650 I bought from eBay. He sold me a flawed product and he’s not honouring the warranty! Now I am stuck with a 23K headache.

This should be covered under warranty, if he has to replace the unit many times over -it is his responsibility to get an updated product or your money back.

Just because he profited, doesn't mean he can turn his back on his buyer.

I hope DTI will side with your specific issue. Hopefully you get your money back.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet A-1 View Post
    Good day!

Any updates about your case?
    Probably it only needs an firmware update.
    Voice prompt can be activated/deactivated thru the smartphone.

I have the same issues and tried out many possibilities before but what i observe it isnt compatible with the high end sdcards.

What i installed first is a 128gb sandisk ultra. As per their specs sheet it is upgradeable to such but testing it for 2 days, tried also an extreme 64gb card, videos recorded will not be viewed immediately thru wifi smartphone app and its a bit laggy. But if you were to installed a 16gb sandisk, it will show up instantly full hd caps.

Sent from my iPhone6s using Tapatalk