New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    the 2009 ford focus 1.8 a/t 5dr does not come with a car alarm.

i talked with a couple of dealers and they said that they CANNOT install an alarm on the 1.8 BUT we can have one install by an outside party. the problem is, the warranty will be void if anything goes wrong because of the installation procedures.

i'm more comfortable if my car does have an alarm so my question is: what's the possibility of something going wrong with installing an alarm outside of casa? what's a recommended alarm and where to install?

to other 1.8 a/t owners there, what did you do? left it as is and did not install an alarm anymore?

tia.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic View Post
    the 2009 ford focus 1.8 a/t 5dr does not come with a car alarm.

i talked with a couple of dealers and they said that they CANNOT install an alarm on the 1.8 BUT we can have one install by an outside party. the problem is, the warranty will be void if anything goes wrong because of the installation procedures.

i'm more comfortable if my car does have an alarm so my question is: what's the possibility of something going wrong with installing an alarm outside of casa? what's a recommended alarm and where to install?

to other 1.8 a/t owners there, what did you do? left it as is and did not install an alarm anymore?

tia.
    Installing an alarm is just straight foward unless you want to use the auto start feature but even adding the locking system a well-known Casa or an Amateur installer can do it in one day..99.9% it should go well..( .1 % people dont know how to install..LOL) Do it man..this is for your own safety/security and peace of mind.. Mine is a Steel Mate 898G it has a very nice features..Isa sa mga nagustuhan ko na feature long distance capability niya and nagaalarm/vibrate din ang remote controll..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nothing exotic about the Focus' electrical system. An aftermarket alarm is a stand alone system and requires very little interaction with the original electrical system of your vehicle. It just needs a power source, a connection to sense which position the key is in, a connection to sense if the doors are closed and a master to control the locks. Some systems have a sensor that detects if your foot is on the brake.

Just put it this way, Ford cannot blame your alarm if the engine blows up or the suspension has a rattle.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

can't install an alarm?