New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    A device that could track your car anywhere in the world and would be able to disable it.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Here are a couple of examples/ideas:

WAIVER: I am in no way connected with any of these sellers. I am posting these URLs for reference only.

http://tinyurl.com/c4vza6k
    http://tinyurl.com/bvdc83n

There's no one best security device. One solution might be effective in a certain environment or situation, but can be rendered almost useless in another.

For instance, if you predominantly leave your car in a high-risk area but you're just a couple hundred meters from it (ie. you have a shop and the car's parked on the street, out of view), a 2-way alarm may be for you. Any disturbance on your car would immediately notify you through the key fob remote.

Using the same high-risk situation but you're too far away for the 2-way remote to work, you can opt to get an alarm that can send text messages to notify you of anything out of the ordinary. This device (2nd URL) also gives you the option to track the car's location on the Internet, as well as give you its GPS coordinates through text. Further, it allows you to even send a command via text message to shut off the engine remotely.

For everything in between, most car alarms will suffice to at least attract attention in case of a breach.

Consider putting additional layers of security to help deter thieves; such as installing a steering wheel club, hiding valuables from plain sight, etc.

Your last layer of defense is comprehensive insurance. Any thief, given time, can break into and get away with your stuff or even the car. A steering wheel club won't matter if our hypothetical thief owns a tow truck.
    Last edited by oj88; October 4th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    kung meron kang spare android phone download ka ng baby monitor

meron ung noise meter na pag na reach un certain decibel ay mag send ng sms (or call kung gusto mo pakingan kung me tao sa loob ng car mo)

gamit ko now un sa car ko as additional sa alarm, ang prob ko lang pag nakapark ako sa basement ng opis wala gsm signal

4. Join Date
    May 2013
    Viper car alarm, google it. It has been the best alarm for years though the price nearly triple the average amount of car alarms.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by euric View Post
    Viper car alarm, google it. It has been the best alarm for years though the price nearly triple the average amount of car alarms.
    +1 to this

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    +1 to this
    That's seriously a good alarm? The one that talks? Our neighbor used to have this in the 90s "Viper Armed" "Viper Disarmed" " Stand back" Kinda annoying at times...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    gps tracker and gsm tracker no longer works nowadays against car-nappers and hi-jackers, a friend of mind in the PNP told me that the arseholes are now using a jamming device which could easily be bought for the low price of 700PhP compared to the thousand of peso worth of your security and tracking device

however there is hope, ala mercedes s class security system(i think the honda accord also has this tech) wherein if ever the radio signals from the key and your car got jammed the car would automatically stop

it is now sold as an after market security system

Anti Carnap Device ,anti Carjack-kidnap (auto Arm & Disarm System) Philippines - 3712240

di nga pala ako connected diyan ah just saw that add while browsing sulit

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Bat ka pa bibili ng external security device? The best security is prevention! So downgrade your car to something like a Kia Pride

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    gps tracker and gsm tracker no longer works nowadays against car-nappers and hi-jackers, a friend of mind in the PNP told me that the arseholes are now using a jamming device which could easily be bought for the low price of 700PhP compared to the thousand of peso worth of your security and tracking device

however there is hope, ala mercedes s class security system(i think the honda accord also has this tech) wherein if ever the radio signals from the key and your car got jammed the car would automatically stop

it is now sold as an after market security system saw it in sulit
    Yep. Just months ago there was a tricycle that parked in front of my garage and my car alarm started beeping that it was opened. Good thing one of my companion inside the house noticed it and pointed a flashlight at that trike and they flew away. As in, harurot sila.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    In my twisted dreams, this is the kind of security I have in my car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast