New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Post ko din dito yung problem ng Inova G 2010 ko. Napost ko na kasi ito sa Toyota Innova Owners forum but baka may expert dito na nakakaalam sa problem. It has this exact same problem with the one shown in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUdxRSo7jSY

Stock ng Toyota yung alarm. All doors won't lock using the remote or switch at the driver side. Kapag key gamit naglolock yung driver side lang. The rest hindi na-lock. But when unlock using the remote, switch and key all doors get unlocked. Also when trying to lock using the lock/unlock switch I hear this weak "tok" sound somewhere under the steering wheel area. What could be the cause of this and how to fix it? Gusto ko kasi i-DIY muna baka madali lang.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Stock ng Toyota yung alarm. All doors won't lock using the remote or switch at the driver side. Kapag key gamit naglolock yung driver side lang. The rest hindi na-lock. But when unlock using the remote, switch and key all doors get unlocked. Also when trying to lock using the lock/unlock switch I hear this weak "tok" sound somewhere under the steering wheel area. What could be the cause of this and how to fix it? Gusto ko kasi i-DIY muna baka madali lang.[/QUOTE]
    1. Perhaps it is the remote that is defective. Perhaps the button contacts are dirty. I open mine to clean them once in a while.
    2. Try listening for the sound in the engine bay, where the alarm module is. You can even feel it if you put your hand on that module. If the sound is there, the problem may be not the remote but the module or the connections to it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Stock ng Toyota yung alarm. All doors won't lock using the remote or switch at the driver side. Kapag key gamit naglolock yung driver side lang. The rest hindi na-lock. But when unlock using the remote, switch and key all doors get unlocked. Also when trying to lock using the lock/unlock switch I hear this weak "tok" sound somewhere under the steering wheel area. What could be the cause of this and how to fix it? Gusto ko kasi i-DIY muna baka madali lang.[/QUOTE]
    1. Perhaps it is the remote that is defective. Perhaps the button contacts are dirty. I open mine to clean them once in a while.
    2. Try listening for the sound in the engine bay, where the alarm module is. You can even feel it if you put your hand on that module. If the sound is there, the problem may be not the remote but the module or the connections to it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by samcoy View Post
    Post ko din dito yung problem ng Inova G 2010 ko. Napost ko na kasi ito sa Toyota Innova Owners forum but baka may expert dito na nakakaalam sa problem. It has this exact same problem with the one shown in the video below.

Stock ng Toyota yung alarm. All doors won't lock using the remote or switch at the driver side. Kapag key gamit naglolock yung driver side lang. The rest hindi na-lock. But when unlock using the remote, switch and key all doors get unlocked. Also when trying to lock using the lock/unlock switch I hear this weak "tok" sound somewhere under the steering wheel area. What could be the cause of this and how to fix it? Gusto ko kasi i-DIY muna baka madali lang.
    facts:

wont lock using remote or switch
    driver's side unlocks/locks using key
    unlocking using remote

i think its the central lock actuator or stuck-up door lock mechanisms.

how to fix.

buksan mo yung panel and try mo spray ng lubricant yung mechanisms.

Quote Originally Posted by samcoy View Post

facts:

wont lock using remote or switch
    driver's side unlocks/locks using key
    unlocking using remote

i think its the central lock actuator or stuck-up door lock mechanisms.

how to fix.

buksan mo yung panel and try mo spray ng lubricant yung mechanisms.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    central lock ang problem. pwede naman sya convert to gun type actuators na lang. will cost you only 1.3k including install

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    kung nag la lock naman ang driver side sa remote walang problema sa remote.

baka may naputol lang na linya yan papunta sa 3 pinto ng accuator.
    check mo ung module sa central locking..

kung nag la lock naman ang driver side sa remote walang problema sa remote.

baka may naputol lang na linya yan papunta sa 3 pinto ng accuator.
    check mo ung module sa central locking..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Salamat sa lahat ng inputs nyo. Try ko icheck yan. Clarify ko lang, hindi nag-lolock yung driver side using the remote. Pag sinusian lang nag-lolock yung driver side. Pag may "tok" na sound it means gumagana yung relay, tama ba mga ser? So malamang sa wiring lang to.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Buhayin ko lang itong thread na ito.
    unlock is working, lock is not kahit switch sa driver side ang gamitin.

What we did is inalis mga connector tapos balik uli sa box na nasa ilalim ng steering wheel. Siguro may loss connection di ko lang mapinpoint kung alin sa mga socket ang culprit.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jsljr View Post
    Buhayin ko lang itong thread na ito.
    unlock is working, lock is not kahit switch sa driver side ang gamitin.

What we did is inalis mga connector tapos balik uli sa box na nasa ilalim ng steering wheel. Siguro may loss connection di ko lang mapinpoint kung alin sa mga socket ang culprit.
    Sir, I have the same door lock problem with our Innova G 2011. Took it to the dealer and they said that I have to replace the junction block which costs around 9K. Pinabayaan ko lang and the problem somehow sorted itself out at gumana uli. It went well for about a year, pero this December 2016, bumalik na naman ang prob. I'm thinking of trying your DIY solution. I hope that it would be easy to do and that I can put all connections back together without issues.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Hi, how about Goome gps tracker? I support it will easier to use and stronger with remove control. so you can just controlling your GPS far from where your can is.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawprofile View Post
    Sir, I have the same door lock problem with our Innova G 2011. Took it to the dealer and they said that I have to replace the junction block which costs around 9K. Pinabayaan ko lang and the problem somehow sorted itself out at gumana uli. It went well for about a year, pero this December 2016, bumalik na naman ang prob. I'm thinking of trying your DIY solution. I hope that it would be easy to do and that I can put all connections back together without issues.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Seems the IMV platform of Toyota is suffering from this junction block problem.. mine is a 2012 Fort and suffering from the same symptoms... Casa also recommended junction block replacement including Reys Electrical... They have a lot of cases with the same issues and they have the same recommendation if one would want to preserve the OEM security

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast