New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Good day, Sirs. This is my first post in the forum. I just want to ask for advise regarding my car's alarm. The car is a '99 Toyota Altis SEG. On this car, the alarm is triggered when A. A cellphone is left inside the car and a call or text is received by the phone; B. Someone uses a cellphone very near the car. It's really not a problem now on a standalone house, except that am moving to a compound soon and the accidental triggering of the alarm in the parking lot by passersby may, well, cause an alarm I had the alarm adjusted to its lowest setting, pang break-in entry na lang but the cellphone trigger persists.

I would like to ask sana what should be done. Nanghihinayang din ako patanggal yung alarm or i-disconnect sa horn kasi helpful naman in cases where I forgot to close a door or the trunk.

A. Do I need to replace the alarm entirely? Or is there a tweak to this kind of alarm issue?
    B. In case of replacement, what would you advise as a reasonably priced alternative and where can I have it properly done?
    C. In case of replacement, does it follow that they have to rewire everything and change even the horn?

Thanks a lot, Sirs. I would really appreciate your expert advise on the matter as am not very familiar with car concerns. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first time i heard of such alarm functionality.
    sa akin, kung magiging inconvenience, mas maganda pa na palitan na lang.
    alarms naman can be useless if a carnapper would really want to get your car.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Thanks, Sir 1D4LV for the reply. I just want to ask if the keyless entry is related to the alarm? If I remove the alarm, would the keyless entry still function? I think that since this is an old ride, alarm is not important, just the keyless entry and the prompt kung may naiwan na pintong bukas.

Pwede rin ba Sir na paputol ko na lang ang wire going to the horn? Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    technically pwede.
    but you have to also disable the alarm console but still retain the keyless option.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    dikaya parang ganito lang yan

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Palitan mo na kaya ng buo, baka kasi kayang buksan yung door locks mo using SMS lang. Mas mura bagong alarm kesa bagong kotse.