New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    My car is leaking air and losses 10psi every 2days.

I dont have time to bring it to the tire shop so i just inflate every 2d using the portable inflator.

Inflator is a 4yo Elevo EVO688

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I gave away my jumper cables to my neighbor thinking that I have my 'powerbank'. I think it was a mistake...
    Thick gauged Jcables are more reliable than voltage/current multipliers

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post

I dont have time to bring it to the tire shop so i just inflate every 2d using the portable inflator.

"masochist."
    eventually, you will bring it in for repair. why prolong the agony of repetitious inflating?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I gave away my jumper cables to my neighbor thinking that I have my 'powerbank'. I think it was a mistake...
    we can always purchase a new pair.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post

Kung misis ko nagda-drive nyan, malamang napalitan na yang gulong na yan. Hindi dahil maselan sya at nagmomonitor ng tire pressure, kundi dahil sya yung tipo ng driver na drive lang ng drive basta umaandar ang sasakyan.
    She once drove a flat tire wherein the rubber is beyond repair. Di rin sya nagpapa-gas at maintenance dahil ako responsible dun.

Note : Di po ako nagrereklamo, kasi when it comes to our children, sya naman ang responsible at ako yung passive lang. Kanya-kanyang toka lang.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Kung misis ko nagda-drive nyan, malamang napalitan na yang gulong na yan. Hindi dahil maselan sya at nagmomonitor ng tire pressure, kundi dahil sya yung tipo ng driver na drive lang ng drive basta umaandar ang sasakyan.
    She once drove a flat tire wherein the rubber is beyond repair. Di rin sya nagpapa-gas at maintenance dahil ako responsible dun.

Note : Di po ako nagrereklamo, kasi when it comes to our children, sya naman ang responsible at ako yung passive lang. Kanya-kanyang toka lang.
    The misus just recently ran-flat the rear tyre of her car tearing the sidewall. Her excuse, she was pissed with the engine noise, turned up the carstereo volume and was too late to notice the "plak"plak" tread hitting the wheel well. Partially my fault as i was still sourcing for replacement rectifier module of the alternator. I guess, women just knows how to drive and put blinker fluid on washer.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "masochist."
    eventually, you will bring it in for repair. why prolong the agony of repetitious inflating?
    When laziness hits me thinking of the small nail stucked in the tyre and cannot afford patience waiting in the tyre shop. Baka bukas ulit kapag sinipag. hehe

7. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post

Happy wife is a happy life.
    Kaya the wife is always right [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    A portable tire inflator has so many advantages. It reduces fuel consumption because an underinflated tire exerts a higher rolling resistance on the road thus dragging the car.

Properly inflated tires give you better control of your car especially when you are under pressure or in an emergency.
    Underinflated tires wear out much faster on the outer ribs and regularly inflating them lets you avoid frequent replacement.
    And of course when you are on the go, it is always more convenient to refill a deflated tire than to replace it with the spare. You can then do the replacement at home or garage if need be.
    My best choice for car tire air pump is the VIAIR tire inflator. At 1.26 CFM free flow (0PSI), it is one of the fastest inflators and it can refill a medium size tire from 0 to 30PSI in less than 2 minutes.

A backlight illuminated pressure gauge lets you see even in the dark, when setting pressure and attaching the hose connector to the valve stem.

It also prevents overheating via an in-built heat sink.

Its power requirements are 12V/ 15 A, compatible with the cigarette lighter socket. The power cord is 10 ft long so once you plug it in, you can reach all the tires of a medium size car without shifting the pump or the power source. The air hose is also 3ft and you can position the pump at a centre position to reach all the tires from there.
    Its duty cycle is 20 minutes and considering the 2 minutes recharge time for each tire, then this is long enough to charge all the tires and other inflatables that you may have.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahaw View Post
    A portable tire inflator has so many advantages. It reduces fuel consumption because an underinflated tire exerts a higher rolling resistance on the road thus dragging the car.

Properly inflated tires give you better control of your car especially when you are under pressure or in an emergency.
    Underinflated tires wear out much faster on the outer ribs and regularly inflating them lets you avoid frequent replacement.
    And of course when you are on the go, it is always more convenient to refill a deflated tire than to replace it with the spare. You can then do the replacement at home or garage if need be.
    My best choice for car tire air pump is the VIAIR tire inflator. At 1.26 CFM free flow (0PSI), it is one of the fastest inflators and it can refill a medium size tire from 0 to 30PSI in less than 2 minutes.

A backlight illuminated pressure gauge lets you see even in the dark, when setting pressure and attaching the hose connector to the valve stem.

It also prevents overheating via an in-built heat sink.

Its power requirements are 12V/ 15 A, compatible with the cigarette lighter socket. The power cord is 10 ft long so once you plug it in, you can reach all the tires of a medium size car without shifting the pump or the power source. The air hose is also 3ft and you can position the pump at a centre position to reach all the tires from there.
    Its duty cycle is 20 minutes and considering the 2 minutes recharge time for each tire, then this is long enough to charge all the tires and other inflatables that you may have.
    i prefer a basic unit, with a robust build.
    walang borloloy, but it still inflates a tire as fast today, as it was when new, several years and many flat tires ago.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    I was browsing the shelves of concorde a while ago and they had rows and rows of elevo inflators. Tempting din

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    I use an Elevo car pump...it's very good but keeps blowing up my Ertiga's 15A fuse in less than a minute. The device and cigarrette port are not grounded.

What's the best remedy? I plan to connect it directly to the battery
    ...no more fuse will blow up. I will buy 2 heavy duty clamps n wire. I only use it for only less than a minute.

So I am sure it will not drain my car battery.

Salamat po.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Affordable  and Portable Tire Inflator (12V cigarette lighter socket)