New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    For me, the portable tire inflator is not worth keeping.

I once have an inflator and used it once until I thrown it away after years of keeping. Mas handy ang magpahangin sa gas station. Kung napako ang gulong, aabot yan sa pinakamalapit na vulcanizing shop o gas station.

Kapag dumapa na (very very seldom na mangyari) hindi din kaya ng portable inflator, there is a spare tire. Worn out na ang four tires, hindi ko ka nagagamit ang spare.
    Depende sa ka-OC-han nung may-ari ng kotse. In my case, I needed it since I regularly check my tires twice a month. Hassle din sakin na pipila pa sa gas station/vulcanizing shop at magaabot ng tip.

I just bought the cheap one, a little over Php 500 more than four years ago and is still working fine. Bumili din ako ng pen type tire pressure guauge, less than 200 ata. Sulit na sila kasi if I gave Php 10 every time I check my tire pressure at a gas station, that's 20 per month. In a year that's 240, and in 4 years 960 pesos.

Naisalba na rin ng tire inflator ko si bayaw kasi one time na magkasama kami (tig isa kami ng sasakyan), naflatan sya at pati reserba nya eh sobrang baba ng hangin.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    For me, the portable tire inflator is not worth keeping.

I once have an inflator and used it once until I thrown it away after years of keeping. Mas handy ang magpahangin sa gas station. Kung napako ang gulong, aabot yan sa pinakamalapit na vulcanizing shop o gas station.

Kapag dumapa na (very very seldom na mangyari) hindi din kaya ng portable inflator, there is a spare tire. Worn out na ang four tires, hindi ko ka nagagamit ang spare.
    Bat hindi kakayanin pag dumapa? Pressure naman pinaguusapan, hindi weight. I'm using a cheap inflator pero Kaya naman kahit dumapa. Heck i can imagine kakayanin din ng ordinary manual bike pump kahit dumapa.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I might look into buying a tire inflator.

Just this morning, as I was getting ready for my morning commute, there it was.... rear left tire was totally flat. It was no more than an inconvenience since we have an air compressor at home. Just filled it up and went on my way to a vulcanizing shop before going to work.

But if this were to happen while at work, I'll be forced to use the spare tire. Well, unless I have a tire inflator.

It's much, much easier to just re-inflate the tire than having to take out the spare. I'll reserve the use of the spare tire as a last resort (ie. large leak, tire damage, etc.).

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I remember once I was using a manual bike pump to inflate a dmax, tinatawanan ako, but alas, when the dmax was inflated enough to travel, I went on my way to the vulcanizing shop haha. Na exercise pa haha

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I might look into buying a tire inflator.

Just this morning, as I was getting ready for my morning commute, there it was.... rear left tire was totally flat. It was no more than an inconvenience since we have an air compressor at home. Just filled it up and went on my way to a vulcanizing shop before going to work.

But if this were to happen while at work, I'll be forced to use the spare tire. Well, unless I have a tire inflator.

It's much, much easier to just re-inflate the tire than having to take out the spare. I'll reserve the use of the spare tire as a last resort (ie. large leak, tire damage, etc.).
    This is the reason why I have my own tire inflator. It always stay in your trunk and sits there for nothing. However when you need it, you really need it.

I remember this guy I assisted somewhere in SCTEX. He used his tire inflator with the engine off. When he started the engine, it won't crank. His battery died. And this is another reason why I have a "power bank", to jumpstart a car. How glad he is that I have this little device.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    I remember once I was using a manual bike pump to inflate a dmax, tinatawanan ako, but alas, when the dmax was inflated enough to travel, I went on my way to the vulcanizing shop haha. Na exercise pa haha

haha you used a small bike hand pump? how long did it take you

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Bat hindi kakayanin pag dumapa? Pressure naman pinaguusapan, hindi weight. I'm using a cheap inflator pero Kaya naman kahit dumapa. Heck i can imagine kakayanin din ng ordinary manual bike pump kahit dumapa.

sometimes, when the tire deflates to the ground, the bead seal opens. no way i can properly inflate that, using my wee wee tire inflator.
    some folks say it might be inflatable, if the vehicle is lifted a bit. i wouldn't know. i never tried.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Tire inflator and jumper cables should be in every car ...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    some taxicabs have jumper cables.
    "start your car" for a fee.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Tire inflator and jumper cables should be in every car ...
    I gave away my jumper cables to my neighbor thinking that I have my 'powerbank'. I think it was a mistake...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Affordable  and Portable Tire Inflator (12V cigarette lighter socket)