New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my recommendation is, never leave the tire inflator while it is inflating your tire.
    Why would you leave the tire inflator po?

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    For me, the portable tire inflator is not worth keeping.

I once have an inflator and used it once until I thrown it away after years of keeping. Mas handy ang magpahangin sa gas station. Kung napako ang gulong, aabot yan sa pinakamalapit na vulcanizing shop o gas station.

Kapag dumapa na (very very seldom na mangyari) hindi din kaya ng portable inflator, there is a spare tire. Worn out na ang four tires, hindi ko ka nagagamit ang spare.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Been using my portable automatic digital tire inflator for several years now. Super worth it for me.

I fill up air in the morning when tires are cold at home. I do not need to go to gas station pa.

The recommended tire pressure of manufacturer is based on tire cold temperature.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Why would you leave the tire inflator po?

"because i can. may auto-off function naman siya, e."

..."because i have to do something else". or, "because i do not want to waste my time waiting, doing nothing.""
    mix myself some coffee.. forgot something in the house.. brush my teeth.. wash hands.. "the excuses are endless."

what i have, is a heavy-duty inflator. it has no auto-off function. it looks more business-like than the other sleeker, smaller inflators in the market. mine is a time-tested model. it is still as effective and fast today, as it was when new. my experience thru the years, is that cheap inflators become less and less effective, every time they are used.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012

..."because i have to do something else". or, "because i do not want to waste my time waiting, doing nothing.""
    mix myself some coffee.. forgot something in the house.. brush my teeth.. wash hands.. "the excuses are endless."

what i have, is a heavy-duty inflator. it has no auto-off function. it looks more business-like than the other sleeker, smaller inflators in the market. mine is a time-tested model. it is still as effective and fast today, as it was when new. my experience thru the years, is that cheap inflators become less and less effective, every time they are used.
    Based on my personal experience, it only takes a minute to add air using my digital automatic tire inflator. So there is really no need to leave it.

But even if I leave it while adding air, it automatically stops to my preset pressure. It had never failed me ever so I don't have any issue about it. Been using this model for several years now. Tried and tested.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Based on my personal experience, it only takes a minute to add air using my digital automatic tire inflator. So there is really no need to leave it.

But even if I leave it while adding air, it automatically stops to my preset pressure. It had never failed me ever so I don't have any issue about it. Been using this model for several years now. Tried and tested.

good for you, sir.
    but you see, i speak of others with significantly less discipline.

i have experienced hearing firsthand, a loud popping sound in our neighborhood. the guy forgot he was inflating his tire.

"of all the senses, common sense appears to be the least common of the senses."
    Last edited by dr. d; February 15th, 2018 at 11:31 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I also have such inflator. I've never needed to do a tire change myself for as long as I can remember. Nakayanan din naman nung sa akin kahit dapa na ang gulong.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017

May I know the details of your inflator? Thank you.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I was browsing the shelves of concorde a while ago and they had rows and rows of elevo inflators. Tempting din

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    May I know the details of your inflator? Thank you.
    it's a horizontal silver metal tube, with a black pressure gauge dial at the top.
    no plastic body covers or any attempts at streamlining.
    i have used it many times already, and it is still as efficient as when new.
    it cost me 1800 bucks or so, some years back, from the mall auto accessories store.
    i believe it is an "elevo" brand. but someone showed me a picture of the same, with a different name on it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Affordable  and Portable Tire Inflator (12V cigarette lighter socket)