New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    The Honda City is advertised as having a "wave key". What exactly is this wave key, and is it any good?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    its a form of key that supposedly is difficult to duplicate compared to a normal key..but i hear there are some who can duplicate the key. this key is new to honda but was already used in Mercs n Bimmers from the last decade pa.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Nabasa ko lang:

It's a special key with a secret code. When this key is inserted into the ignition, the key code is read and transmitted to the Electronic Control Unit (ECU). Once the code is verified, feedback is sent to the Immobilizer Control Unit (ICU), which allows the engine to start. Otherwise, the engine is immobilized and that guarantees complete security against car theft.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    how bout those without immobilizers?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I'm not sure about this one .
    But I think only cars equipped with immobilizer use this kind of key.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    iba ata ang immobilizer and wave key. you can have a wave key without an immobilizer

tama ba?

ford says that the keys to the new focus are wave keys. it does not look like your conventional key. medyo quadrado isya and iba ang ngipin. mahirap ata i-pa duplicate sa mr quickie

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Wave key- no more key insertion, no more key twisting left to right to open or close car door even starting, no more pressing the key button to lock or unlock or even alarming the car, all u gonna do just WAVE IT to the car, wait and see then for sure nothing will happen.....

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by backbone
    Wave key- no more key insertion, no more key twisting left to right to open or close car door even starting, no more pressing the key button to lock or unlock or even alarming the car, all u gonna do just WAVE IT to the car, wait and see then for sure nothing will happen.....
    yeah now thats a wave key! hehe

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    yung immobilizer naman na hindi wave key looks like any conventional key and can even be duplicated by mr quickie.

however, since may immobilizer chip, you can only get this from the casa and then have this programmed/reprogrammed after you have the teeth copied in any mr. quickie

otherwise, you can have a copy made in mr quickie but it will not start the vehicle. the only use will be for just opening and closing doors

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez
    iba ata ang immobilizer and wave key. you can have a wave key without an immobilizer

tama ba?

ford says that the keys to the new focus are wave keys. it does not look like your conventional key. medyo quadrado isya and iba ang ngipin. mahirap ata i-pa duplicate sa mr quickie

Makes sense.
    My car key comes with a chip .
    I'm not too sure how it works.Never had time to read the manual.
    Pero I was told that if you get your key duplicated (w/o the chip)
    and try to start your engine with it,it will immobilize the car automatically.
    Pero sabi ko nga I'm not too sure so kung sino ang nakakaalam how this
    works..pa-share naman jan

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Honda Wave Key