New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Just a question. Where is the ideal position in the car for car mounts? Where do you stick yours?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was thinking of putting one but i also dont know where to place it..... ngayon, i place my phablet dun sa compartment sa side door.

option is also a dash mount, which i think is better.

so i'll be watching this thread din.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; January 21st, 2015 at 03:09 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I put mine here:
    imageuploadedbytapatalk1421820474.840417.jpg

Any higher and I'd have a huge blind spot on my front right side. If I put it beside the left A pillar, it creates a blind spot on my front left side. Hence, it's mounted at the lowest point in the middle. It blocks the view a little, but I just look over it when I have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

In any of our vehicles, I do not stick them, higher than my dashboard... I am bothered by the screen/display light,- and its reflection on the windshield during the night... At some points, I do not have a "feel"/estimate of the right side of the vehicle....

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.6K:grin2:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Una dun ko kinabit sa salamin ng car stereo, ok naman daling gamitin ng phone, katabi lang ng kambyo. Yun nga lang di ko makita yung Screen nung radio, hulaan kung anong fm station na.

Sunod eh sa tabi ng Rear view mirror. Kaso nakakailang yung liwanag pag tumitingin ako sa ride side mirror.

Next eh sa windshield kaso maikli kaya di ko abot, kaya wala ring kwenta.

Now the sweet spot na nakita ko eh nakapatong sa likod ng steering wheel, where the speedometer would be for other cars. Since ang speedometer ng vios eh nasa gitna. Nilagyan ko lang ng Rubber mat para di lumipad ang cellphone.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beside the rear view mirror para naabot ng kamay

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    ako ayaw ko sana maglagay kaso napapadalasngamit ng gps recently. ok ba yung mga long neck clips? diba lumulundo pag 6" phone ang gamit?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1421949773.624473.jpg sakin sa gitna - altis 2014, iPhone 6+

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ohyeah View Post
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1421949773.624473.jpg sakin sa gitna - altis 2014, iPhone 6+
    diba nakaka distract yun phone bro?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Here's what I did :

There is a round base("receptacle") that you could stick on your dashboard,- so that you can stick your GPS mount on it.

>>>>>> I did not put the round base on my dashboard,- I pasted it on one of the bottoms of my car freshener cans.

I then, place the car freshener can in one of my front cup holders.... <<< This is where I stick my GPS mount,- not really a hindrance to my drive, since I have AT rides....

Not in my peripheral vision, which should be ideal,- but I just occasionally glimpse at the GPS.... (Also, I have my ever reliable co-pilot with me, almost all of the times)

If I/we need to validate something,- I stop at the side of the road.....

[And since the base is on the car freshener can,- I can now transfer it from one ride to another]

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.6K:grin2:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast