New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    should i buy gps for my laptop? is it easy to use programs? pano makakatulong po sakin mga programs? are they going to teach me the way? who has it in their car? applicable po ba sa philippines? coz im in china ryt now.. and medyo madami po nagbebenta nito dito.. tnx for all the comments

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GPS works anywhere in the world for as long as you have 3 or more satellites in view. It works in the Phil. for as long as you have the Mapping software and is compatible with the GPS unit and your laptop.

I used to have one when I was in the states. There are also a number of other GPS users on the board and has some similar threads existing as well. Check out the search function and you'll find the other threads.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    practical use, you really cannot use in here in the philippines. but if you are in the states, daming use nyan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tnx po for the posts need and happy

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anyone here who uses them in philippines? (laptop gps)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AC
    anyone here who uses them in philippines? (laptop gps)
    I dont see any practical use in the Philippines. First, if you just want to use it in Metro Manila, theres too much traffic and it is dangerous to use it. 2nd I dont know any existing digital map that is GPS compatible. 3rd, you can barely get lost in MM. 4th, if you'll gonna be using it for long drives - its just a waste of money since there is no interstate highways and freeways in the Philippines. There is only 1 national highway - and the road either goes North and South....or East and West.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    I dont see any practical use in the Philippines. First, if you just want to use it in Metro Manila, theres too much traffic and it is dangerous to use it. 2nd I dont know any existing digital map that is GPS compatible. 3rd, you can barely get lost in MM. 4th, if you'll gonna be using it for long drives - its just a waste of money since there is no interstate highways and freeways in the Philippines. There is only 1 national highway - and the road either goes North and South....or East and West.

Not exactly. We use GPS on caving trips, which involves driving offroad and navigating in rough terrain. I would recommend GPS if you find yourself really off the beaten track, like traveling to remote areas of the country. Local maps are available but not that accurate. Even if you do keep on the roads, houses and communities are often far between. Forget road signs; they don't exist. The last thing you need is to be searching for someone to ask direction from in the middle of the night, while you're looking for a dirt road.

should i buy gps for my laptop???