New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Hello mga guys, there's a free gps ang turn-by-turn navigation powered by NavTeq offered from Nokia. pero is this applicable in the Philippines ba? the last time i was in philippines, sa manila lang yata ang merong detailed maps. i'm not so sure sa visayas and mindanao. those free navs are like 5800, N8 and some other new touch screen (& costly) phones. para sa mga nakasubok na ng navigator sa nokia phones, pa share naman po ng experiences nyo. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Mali mali naman ang direction. Pinapakanan ako non sa slex. E di pa naman exit. yun pala may bridge sa taas.

Wag mo lang sundan. marami na nahuli dahil sa pagsunod dito.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsector63 View Post
    Hello mga guys, there's a free gps ang turn-by-turn navigation powered by NavTeq offered from Nokia. pero is this applicable in the Philippines ba? the last time i was in philippines, sa manila lang yata ang merong detailed maps. i'm not so sure sa visayas and mindanao. those free navs are like 5800, N8 and some other new touch screen (& costly) phones. para sa mga nakasubok na ng navigator sa nokia phones, pa share naman po ng experiences nyo. thanks.

Nokia's old NAVFone application is only limited to Metro Manila and Metro Cebu.

Nokia has a newer application called Nokia Maps which has more data over the entire Philippines. But road data is still more concentrated in the major cities.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    i used that one ng biyahe kami to vigan. happy for the results kaso i used it for short time only kasi nagbabawas daw ng load, totoo ba yon???

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 C'S View Post
    i used that one ng biyahe kami to vigan. happy for the results kaso i used it for short time only kasi nagbabawas daw ng load, totoo ba yon???
    depends on the mode you used. You can use it in GPS mode only and it wouldn't cost you a centavo. You can also use the assisted-mode where the GPS will get additional info from the phone's internet connection which may cost you a few cents to few pesos until you put in your destination.

Nokia GPS & Navigation