New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Meron bang gumagamit ng GPS receiver dito sa 'Pinas? Anong brand ang gamit ninyo?

Curious lang ako kasi lapitin yata ako ng mga "tiyanak" -- in short eh madali ako maligaw sa places na hindi ako masyadong familiar... iniisip ko lang na pag may GPS receiver ako, pwede ko i-tag yung places na dinaanan ko para pagbalik ko or pag-uwi ko eh alam ko na yung dadaanan ko. This will also be handy pag yung friends ko eh may GPS receiver din... no need for sketches kasi ang ibibigay lang nila eh "coordinates" ng place na pupuntahan.... :idea:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isprakenHAYT
    Meron bang gumagamit ng GPS receiver dito sa 'Pinas? Anong brand ang gamit ninyo?

Curious lang ako kasi lapitin yata ako ng mga "tiyanak" -- in short eh madali ako maligaw sa places na hindi ako masyadong familiar... iniisip ko lang na pag may GPS receiver ako, pwede ko i-tag yung places na dinaanan ko para pagbalik ko or pag-uwi ko eh alam ko na yung dadaanan ko. This will also be handy pag yung friends ko eh may GPS receiver din... no need for sketches kasi ang ibibigay lang nila eh "coordinates" ng place na pupuntahan.... :idea:

I have one here in the US for Laptops or Desktops (If you do decide on lugging one along in the car using an APC Power Inverter or something... hehehehe :lol: ). All include the MAPPING software that you need to get you around.

There are a few for Palm OS's and PocketPC's as well.

Not to mention those Car GPS Systems which cost an arm and a leg.
    The GPS System for laptops are the cheapest of the bunch. The PDA versions are a little more expensive and the Car one's are the MOST expensive.

Price range for Laptops = USD 130.
    PDA = USD 300 - 400
    CAR GPS = USD 600 to 900

There are also GPS systems for boats but i'm not sure how much they cost. Usually those kinds of systems don't have maps. They just tell you the direction your going and the lattitude or longitude.

In reality GPS Systems could work in the Philippines. The problem is, somebody needs to come up with the Mapping software along with the proper coordinates for it to work in the Philippine setting.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I personally chose the Laptop version because it's the cheapest. Not to mention it has a Bigger Screen.

The good thing about it is, it tells you when to turn, which road your supposed to go and stuff like that. Really helps if your new to an area. Oh yeah, it tells you via a voice prompt that is.

I wish they'd come up with a system in the P.I. too. It would
    really help you in those long trips to the province and the like. Not to mention
    those unfamiliar routes in the Metro too.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang mahirap kasi sa atin ay walang local na maps available. You could always try asking the Mitsubishi dealerships if they have DVD-based maps since may GPS ang Pajero Limited.

Kapag walang map, coordinates lang ang lalabas. Mahirap bigyan ng sense.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Ang mahirap kasi sa atin ay walang local na maps available. You could always try asking the Mitsubishi dealerships if they have DVD-based maps since may GPS ang Pajero Limited.

Kapag walang math, coordinates lang ang lalabas. Mahirap bigyan ng sense.

I couldn't agree with you more Otep... :lol:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    anu ba un GPS?

diba global positioning system?..

kung merun ang pajero... bakit hinde gnagamit?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm curious as to how the GPS System of the new Pajero looks like
    back there in the PI....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hello Everyone,

I just finished an In-Car GPS Project with voice Navigation and tested in Ayala Alabang. It is a standard Din Device That I have installed in my honda city. I would like solicit your inputs if there is enough interest for this product here in the philippines plus a cellpone-based GPS.

Please click the link below to see the video and feel free to comment on my blog.

http://philgpsusers.blogspot.com/200...a-alabang.html

Thanks!

Earl

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    nice... so how can we get a similar system? maybe pda based?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Look through and join yahoo group waypointsdotph. You can download a routable map of the Philippines for most handheld garmin units (maybe not for the nuvi as the maps are preloaded by Garmin).

Inexpensive Bluetooth GPS receivers can be paired with PDAs and PCs(laptop,notebook,desktop) and a lot of mapping and navigational softwares are available (some free). Mapking Manila gives you a routable Metro Manila Map.

Local GPS users?