New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghlennmc View Post
    boss joshII, baka pwede naman paturo. pa-post po. para na rin sa future reference ng ibang tsikoteers.
    honga naman sir.... i also want mine to be working......

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Bro, if your HU is China, then chances are, it's running Windows CE 5.0 or 6.0. If that's the case, then Garmin XT is the Satnav program of choice.

You have two choices when it comes to local maps for garmin devices/software. OSM and Roadguide.ph. Consult rhk111's very informative thread on where to find local maps.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77160

Provided that your HU's OS already has Garmin XT installed, getting maps is as easy as copying them to an SD Card for your HU to read.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thejonchoi View Post
    Bro, if your HU is China, then chances are, it's running Windows CE 5.0 or 6.0. If that's the case, then Garmin XT is the Satnav program of choice.

You have two choices when it comes to local maps for garmin devices/software. OSM and Roadguide.ph. Consult rhk111's very informative thread on where to find local maps.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77160

Provided that your HU's OS already has Garmin XT installed, getting maps is as easy as copying them to an SD Card for your HU to read.
    mga bossing, yun HU ko kc may selection ng "NAVI" (GPS) kaso di naman nag fa function pag pinindot mo... as in no reaction except the BEEP sound... taz nun naka open cya para makita ang slot ng SD card, yun isang slot may takip taz yun isa open at mat nakasulat SD slot..... tanung ko po, paano po ba o ano po ba dapat magawa dun sa HU ko para magfunction ang selection ng GPS.... i thou need the SD with the map pero im worried na baka pag bumili ako ng SD card with the map ay hindi naman mag function yun GPS selector ng HU... any input will help... thanks a lot in advance...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by teejae73 View Post
    mga bossing, yun HU ko kc may selection ng "NAVI" (GPS) kaso di naman nag fa function pag pinindot mo... as in no reaction except the BEEP sound... taz nun naka open cya para makita ang slot ng SD card, yun isang slot may takip taz yun isa open at mat nakasulat SD slot..... tanung ko po, paano po ba o ano po ba dapat magawa dun sa HU ko para magfunction ang selection ng GPS.... i thou need the SD with the map pero im worried na baka pag bumili ako ng SD card with the map ay hindi naman mag function yun GPS selector ng HU... any input will help... thanks a lot in advance...

Hello, I have the same/similar problem with the above tsikoter, Just got my HU together with my vehicle already installed, it comes with GPS, DVD, TV, BT, etc that I think is also made in China! The GPS OS is Windows CE6, When I operate it (pressing the NAVI button) a messgae appears saying "No Software found". I have been asking around the local suppliers in Manila selling the same or similar looking HU that has a pre installed software for the GPS if they can sell me the software alone but was told that I need to change my HU that they "Manufacture" so that it can run the Garmin map. Is this true? Do I really need to change my HU? If not can you guys help me on how to install the GPS software that has the whole PH map in it step by step?

Thanks a lot for your help!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Guys,

Anyone needed help for their gps HU unit running on WinCE 5 or 6 with 800X480 resolution just ping me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshII View Post
    Guys,

Anyone needed help for their gps HU unit running on WinCE 5 or 6 with 800X480 resolution just ping me.
    Bought a 2din universal tv dvd with GPS running windows ce 5.03 here sa tsikot shop. When doing a search for a place, the display would show overlapped characters. Any help provided is appreciated.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    what gps software are you using? what is your screen resolution?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    garmin xt on windows ce 5.00.3, 800X480 screen resolution.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hapahopi View Post
    Bought a 2din universal tv dvd with GPS running windows ce 5.03 here sa tsikot shop. When doing a search for a place, the display would show overlapped characters. Any help provided is appreciated.
    Kung sa tsikot shop mo siya binili bro.,- balikan mo sila ng iyong issue with the unit.....

Sigurado namang tutulungan ka nila...

13.4K:stereo:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    “Doesn’t take a lot of beer to cause a lot of trouble” :starwars:
    “You are because of the choices you made”

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    i think its easy to install the software, the real problem; is if you can an updated map like a contributors roadguide map...
    here are some useful site when installing garmin xt, hackin it, getting unit ID etc
    gpsunderground.com
    gpspassion.com

for the supplemental Philippine map garmin 2011, you must dig deeper to the underground world of hacker hehehe...secret muna

... also advised to backup the nandflash2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hu gps