New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sqchris View Post
    Hello All...
    Can you please post guide on how to install Philippine map for N95 8gb?
    I will be in Manila at the end of the month.
    Thank you!
    Can't really help you here Sir. We just inserted the card onto the device and installation went auto.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    share ko lang
    saw these clip on you tube. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFMceADbk_4"]YouTube - Garmin GPS in Metro Manila, Philippines[/ame]
    one of the persons commented in the clip sells a garmin nuvi in the philippines.
    Call him nalng for your inquiries.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It would be handy if we have a working system here in the Philippines.... Mahirap talagang maghanap ng kalye rito sa atin.....

6808:frenchyf1:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    It would be handy if we have a working system here in the Philippines.... Mahirap talagang maghanap ng kalye rito sa atin.....

6808:frenchyf1:
    What do you mean, "if we have a working system"?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel_1911 View Post
    Katsikoters, just wanna ask if the GPS is already available here in our country? Kasi dito sa US the said item is very much helpful in locating places. It will lead you from your point of origin to the point of your destination. Just type the exact address. So kahit bago ka sa lugar, theres no way na maliligaw ka. They are optional accessory when you buy a brand new vehicle or you can also buy portable ones where u can install it in any type of vehicles you like. I could say na affordable din sila, meron $200+ yung cheapest.
    I hope magkaroon na din tayo nito dito kung wala pa.
    GPS is available here in the Philippines and there are maps available as well. I actually called a company yesterday to inquire about their GPS device but it's kinda expensive. The screen is only around 2.5 inches and they're asking for around PHP 16000 to PHP 17000... but there are no monthly fees or whatnot after you buy the unit... but 2.5 inches is tiny.... I won't even see what's in there if my back touches the seat.

I believe there are some posters here who got Garmin in the US and they're offering free Philippine map/s.

Yes, may nagbebenta nga sa KAC. I'm quoting his ad below. Kasi you need to be a member to see it in KAC. I don't know who this person is, I'm just relaying the info, since you've asked about GPS availability here.

We are selling leading GPS devices in the market, we carry GARMIN and Tomtom brands...
    Garmin Models:
    Garmin NUVI 680 - 20K
    Garmin NUVI 670 - 18K
    Garmin NUVI 660 - 16K
    Garmin NUVI 360 - 15K
    Garmin NUVI 350 - 15k
    Garmin Zumo 550 - 15K
    Garmin Streetpilot c580 - 14.5K
    Garmin Streetpilot I3 - 13.5K
    Garmin Streetpilot c550e - 14K
    Garmin Streetpilot c530 - 14K
    Garmin Streetpilot 7200 - 17K
    Garmin Streetpilot 2820 - 16K

Tomtom Brands:
    Tomtom GO 920t - 19K
    Tomtom GO 920 - 16K
    Tomtom GO 910 - 15K
    Tomtom GO 720 - 15.5K
    Tomtom GO 710 - 14.5K
    Tomtom GO 700 - 14K
    Tomtom GO 510 - 13.5K
    Tomtom GO One - 13K

NOTE:
    *All prices are fixed.
    *Inclusions in each kit: 1 GPS Unit, 1gig SD card, battery, pre-installed Phil. Map, Velvet carrying pouch, charger 100-240 50/60hz (phil version), car mount, car charger, earphone,cd installer and user manual.
    *All models has (6) months warranty.
    *These are by order basis, waiting period is 1-2 weeks, for ordering and inquiries please call or text me at 0917-926-4000 or email me at zki23*yahoo.com
    http://kotseaudioclub.com/forum/view...p?f=24&t=35983

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel_1911 View Post
    Katsikoters, just wanna ask if the GPS is already available here in our country? Kasi dito sa US the said item is very much helpful in locating places. It will lead you from your point of origin to the point of your destination. Just type the exact address. So kahit bago ka sa lugar, theres no way na maliligaw ka. They are optional accessory when you buy a brand new vehicle or you can also buy portable ones where u can install it in any type of vehicles you like. I could say na affordable din sila, meron $200+ yung cheapest.
    I hope magkaroon na din tayo nito dito kung wala pa.
    I have seen a shop on the 3rd floor of V-Mall Greenhills selling some GPS navigation devices. Prices starts at P10K and the most expensive on display is priced at around P15K. The cheapest has a screen of around 3 inches.

All units are marked to have Philippine maps.

Aside from that, I also have a Nokia 6110 Navigator. It is a GPS equipped Nokia celfone. It has maps for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu. I have used it successfully to find some places in Metro Manila and in Las Pinas as well. Although the screen is small, it has voice guidance and the map on screen can be zoomed in or out for added detail or better area overview.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

The limit is actually with the maps and not the GPS navigation device.

Anyway, I have used the Nokia 6110 Navigator to help me find a few destinations around Metro Manila. Works well enough. The only thing I could ask is for a more updated map pack since certain (recent added) roads are not listed yet.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi guys I'm new here. Has anyone tried the Garmin GVN 53 module in their cars?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sa Autoberfest ng tsikot, mayroong nag bebenta at demo ng GPS device. For 16.8K IMHO, it is too expensive. 2nd, wala pang GPS corrected map sila ng buong pilipinas. Paramg MM lang at major cities.

During the warrenty period of 1 years, you can get free map updates to be loaded to an SD card. After 1 year, may annual fee na.

I wonder how good are the nokia gps mobile phoes loaded with gps corrected philippine maps?