New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjock View Post
    nakabili pala ako dito sa saudi ng NUVI 310 v4 at middle east maps lang pero pweding lagyan ng SD card para sa ibang maps... i try ko nalang i download ang pinas maps then pag uwi ko tingnan ko kung omokey dyan.
    Got info from a shop in Khobar...na the Nuvi 310 retails for 1850 riyals..pre loaded with Middle East maps..Kasama ba dito bahrain, UAE, qatar, oman?

How is it..review naman dyan. I am also planning to get one. I already have a Garmin Etrex venture..its too small to use in the car.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by phroadguide View Post
    yes the maps at http://www.freewebs.com/phroadguide are compatible with latest nokia's. google on a how to (garmin mobile xt).

cheers,
    phroadguide

http://www.freewebs.com/phroadguide
    Thank you! You are now on top of my "Good Guys" list.

I didn't know that Garmin has an application for smartphones until now. I have a fairly recent Nokia and WinMobile PDA that are both running on Tomtom, and I will definitely try GM XT and the Philippine map on them very soon. Cheers.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Update:

I now have my Nokia N95 working with Garmin Mobile XT and had loaded CHL's Philippine map.

*Jetjock - Just as I thought, you can browse the Philippine map even if you're out of the country. Just follow the instructions posted by CHL and make a backup copy of your map files.

To CHL and phroadguide, thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi all,

new mapversion is available at http://www.freewebs.com/phroadguide

this version is (should be) compatible with all garmin models (so street search etc will work).

cheers,
    phroadguide

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    That last update brings the nuvi to a whole new level. Perfect!! Thanks!!!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
    That last update brings the nuvi to a whole new level. Perfect!! Thanks!!!
    more then welcome.
    please contribute your data so we can keep improving the map. you can send the tracks and waypoints to ph.roadguide at gmail.com

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    what i'm using in lieue of a real gps nav system...dahil la naman full map
    software para sa pinas... laptop+gps+goops... for tracking lang...

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showflat....rt=&PHPSESSID=

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    DonT, sa damma ko nakuha mas mura kaysa sa khobar. ok sya galing magturo ilalagay nya ang destination mo sa right side palagi. gamit ko nung sandstorm dito sa dammam. yeah GCC countries ang coverage nya.

Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    Got info from a shop in Khobar...na the Nuvi 310 retails for 1850 riyals..pre loaded with Middle East maps..Kasama ba dito bahrain, UAE, qatar, oman?

How is it..review naman dyan. I am also planning to get one. I already have a Garmin Etrex venture..its too small to use in the car.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thank you po sa tip!

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Update:

I now have my Nokia N95 working with Garmin Mobile XT and had loaded CHL's Philippine map.

*Jetjock - Just as I thought, you can browse the Philippine map even if you're out of the country. Just follow the instructions posted by CHL and make a backup copy of your map files.

To CHL and phroadguide, thanks again.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi Guys,
    I recently bought a Garmin Nuvi 200 in the US and brought it here in the Philippines.

The device works well with the Philippine road map. The only caveat is that it does not know that some of the roads in our area in Paranaque City are closed by several village associations - but no problem with me, I know the place very well anyway.

The Nuvi 200 is very useful in navigating other areas of Metro Manila that I'm not familiar with.

By the way, Nuvi 200 is the entry level product. I bought it for $239 in Orlando FL. The reason for buying the entry level was that it was basically experimental on my part, as I'm not sure if it will work in the Philippines. I should have bought the Nuvi 200W though, have I known that it is only around $20-$30 more expensive - it has a bigger screen of 4.3".

I'm satisfied however with the Nuvi 200 that I bought. It worked wonders for me in Orlando, and it is working well so far here in Manila.

Other useful functions of the Nuvi 200 are as follows - world map, world time, currency converter, calculator, and picture viewer.