New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by siacojin View Post
    Alam ko na kung pano magdownload ng maps sa openstreetmap.org, meron kasi dun street level ng quezon city at some part ng manila, much better sa google at microsoft. I'll test this and i'll try to give some feedbacks later
    Sige, hintayin namin feedback mo. Ituro mo na rin paano gamitin openstreetmap sa PSP.

---

Re: Garmin maps

What I did with mapsource was select both UK and Philippine maps and let mapsource load both of them on the N95 (via USB). Maps previously installed on the Garmin device gets overwritten because the maps are written into one single file (gmapsupp.img) ... tama ba?

Sa Tomtom kasi, each map has it's own folder. Everytime you add another map it just creates another folder for that map.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Sige, hintayin namin feedback mo. Ituro mo na rin paano gamitin openstreetmap sa PSP.
    Natry ko na yung OSM sa PSP. Very accurate yung map, even yung mga overpass along NLEX kuha rin di katulad ng map sa google or yahoo parang nasa bukid ka tumatakbo pag nasa expressway ka, marami na ring streets with names sa map kaya not bad na rin. Wala pa ring routing at hindi ko pa rin alam kung pano papaganahin yun.

Dun sa mga interested (kung meron man ) kung pano gamitin ang street level map ng openstreetmap.org, sa GMDL ver 0.5.05b din by in7ane, sa left pane merong mga radio buttons select OSM mapnik. (1.jpg)

Sa right pane, google maps ang nakalagay but if you click the PREVIEW button, preview ng openstreetmap ang lalabas (2.jpg) then do the usual procedures to download the map

here is a screencap of mapthis for psp using the map from openstreetmap (3.jpg). hindi pa naka-on yung gps nito just browsing the map. try ko mavideo yung actual while driving

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sir, d ko alam saan ako magtatanong kaya dito na lang....
    may mga maps ba dito sa pinas or software na pang laptop (or PC) para sa mga road maps....or software na gumagana na parang GPS? or saan na lang ako makakahanap ng mga maps dita sa pinas na madadownload? thnx in advans.paki re route na lang ako sa tamang thread...tenks agen

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _PonG_ View Post
    sir, d ko alam saan ako magtatanong kaya dito na lang....
    may mga maps ba dito sa pinas or software na pang laptop (or PC) para sa mga road maps....or software na gumagana na parang GPS? or saan na lang ako makakahanap ng mga maps dita sa pinas na madadownload? thnx in advans.paki re route na lang ako sa tamang thread...tenks agen

Kung map-browsing lang, nandiyan ang http://www.mapcentral.ph/ IMO it has better details of the country than the Garmin map here. Note: You have to register to browse the maps, and have an internet connection while browsing.

If you want to download and use the routable map for Garmin GPS units (even if you don't have one), follow the instructions on the link supplied by edtf in post #75 and install Mapsource on your pc. Then follow the instructions by raptormni in post #70 to download and install the Phil. map to Mapsource. You only need to do up to step 4.

With the Garmin routable map, you can browse the Philippine map, find places, pre-plan your route, etc. even if you don't have a Garmin GPS unit.

---

siacojin - I haven't tried MapThis yet. The kids are on a 2-week school break and I'm having a hard time prying the PSP off my son's hands.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    Check out the how and why contribute here: http://www.freewebs.com/phroadguide/...butewhyhow.htm. OK yan I also want to contribute too. Hopefully we can get an expanded road map for the whole Phil in a year or two
    Hello there.

I just got my unit! Its so cool, the potential for GPS in the Philippines maybe near.

I just found a hack on the garmin 200 that could allow to record tracks. My question, if i record the track, will that be refelcted on my current Philippine Map? or it would need to be modified? Some of the roads in the South Area are not as accurate. i would really like to contribute.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    magkano ba gps module? here in pinas

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfy819 View Post
    Hello there.

I just got my unit! Its so cool, the potential for GPS in the Philippines maybe near.

I just found a hack on the garmin 200 that could allow to record tracks. My question, if i record the track, will that be refelcted on my current Philippine Map? or it would need to be modified? Some of the roads in the South Area are not as accurate. i would really like to contribute.
    wilfy how did you hack it? I want to record tracks too on my 250w. QC area is near perfect while east side (marikina/ san mateo) isn't accurate too.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    wilfy how did you hack it? I want to record tracks too on my 250w. QC area is near perfect while east side (marikina/ san mateo) isn't accurate too.
    You would need to downgrade the FW to 3.40 to enable tracking.

digg.com/gadgets/Garmin_Nuvi_200_Track_Hack

you could see your routes on Google Earth, but on map source, some of the discrepancies come up. I was thinking, if i could just record the tracks, then update them in mapsource (still finding out how) then upload to GPS.

I tried emailing the waypoints group, but i guess they are busy. Baka nga nakukulitan na eh, too many emails. hehehe. If only i could edit the map in map source to correspond to my track, i think we could get an accurate map. I'm so willing to contribute, that i would go around my area just to make the area accurate via the tracks. hehehe

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008

sir [SIZE=6]StraightSix [SIZE=3]salamat po tungkol dun sa garmin maps...hehehe!!!![/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6][/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    [SIZE=1]Ssssh ... Huwag masyadong malakas.[/SIZE]

Hindi naman galing sa akin yung links at instructions. Pero sigurado ko "you're welcome" din ang sasabihin nila.

---

s_quilicot - Depende kung anong system ang gusto mo. Kung standalone units tulad ng Garmin Nuvi, wala yatang dealer diyan.

---

I recently found out about Google Maps' new feature called Street View. Besides viewing the road map and satellite picture from above, a user can now view a select number of roads down to street-level point-of-view. Left/right 360 degrees, up or down, forwards or backwards ... it's like walking or driving along the road itself.

I thought it would be cool to have this feature on satnav's. Instead of a road map display, the satnav will be able to display an actual video of the road you're travelling on (the last related feature I knew was JPG association with POI's) ... Until I found out about the iNavi G1, a Korean satnav for the Korean market.

The right side of the screen is CGI, but it's darn close to what I have in mind. I now realize that there's nothing much left for the imagination when navigating with one of these. Kapag naligaw ka pa ba naman ...

And the rest of the features:
    - T-DMB TV service
    - Multimedia player
    - Photo Album
    - Game emulator and Car Diary
    - And a Karaoke function!

I hope it has a voice prompt that cuts in during the singing and says "Just shut up and drive!"