New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'm considering getting a Garmin module for my Kenwood 8034BT LCD head unit, so that I would have an integrated navigation + AV + handsfree phone system. Currently have a Garmin 1490T portable unit, and I'm sure with this one I can use the Roadguide.ph contributor maps once I get a contributor status. However, I'm not sure if in-dash Garmin modules such as the Kenwood G431 would still be able to unlock contributor maps.

Anyone here using such non-portable Garmin units? Any luck with Roadguide.ph contributor maps?

I just wanted to make sure before I go ahead buying the Garmin module, coz it's quite expensive.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    * sir gwapster ... where can we buy Kenwood G431? And how much is it?

I think the free map would readily work on it while the contributor's map would work only with an unlock key.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The G431 would normally be available from Kenwood dealers. I got my Kenwood head unit from LA Car Accessories in Makati, and they have the G431. But since its price is 28K, nag-pass muna ako on the G431 coz I need time to think if it's worth it (advantage: integration) especially since meron naman akong Garmin 1490T.

About the standard Roadguide.ph map, it's how I would start, of course. But when time comes na contributor na ako, I would have the unlock code. I just don't know if unlocking the map works the same way with the G431.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapster View Post
    The G431 would normally be available from Kenwood dealers. I got my Kenwood head unit from LA Car Accessories in Makati, and they have the G431. But since its price is 28K, nag-pass muna ako on the G431 coz I need time to think if it's worth it (advantage: integration) especially since meron naman akong Garmin 1490T.

About the standard Roadguide.ph map, it's how I would start, of course. But when time comes na contributor na ako, I would have the unlock code. I just don't know if unlocking the map works the same way with the G431.
    sir gwapster, anong model ng car nyo? We import OEM HU with digital high resolution, DVD, TV, rear camera high resolution, Ipod function, Bluetooth for wireless calling, etc.

The best thing with our unit is that it run Garmin GPS software and maps very well without any issues na naghahang and freeze. We are proud to say that maybe we are the only supplier who has this HU that is high resolution digital screen and Garmin enable.

if interested contact me anytime for price 02-998-9863 or 0908-916-6029.

http://carlurker.sulit.com.ph/

thanks

Does Roadguide.ph Contributor Map Work with Non-Portable Garmin?