New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thinking of upgrading my tucson's front bulbs, and I find xenon bulbs to be brighter. Is it legal? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You need to house it inside a projector lens (like what SantaFe has) which the Tucson doesn't have. If you install it in a Tucson's headlight, it'll cause too much glare to other motorists.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    You need to house it inside a projector lens (like what SantaFe has) which the Tucson doesn't have. If you install it in a Tucson's headlight, it'll cause too much glare to other motorists.
    We don't need to do that her(USA),that is why I want to know if it is legal there.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    We cannot say if it is illegal or not cause we have no laws governing automotive lighting.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    It is legal here, for now. whether they will make it illegal, it still a mile away.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yes that's why guns and baseball bats are used against these morons for the mean time.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    kahit hindi ka naka projector headlights, make sure na may diffuser yun headlight (yun parang umbrella infront of the bulb) mo to make sure that it doesnt cause too much glare.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks to all of your outputs. I am just wondering why I had never seen a xenon bulbs when I had my vacation there last year.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mambo View Post
    We don't need to do that her(USA),that is why I want to know if it is legal there.
    that's because here in the US you cannot equip or sell a xenon kit without a projector housing. all the oem cars and reputable aftermarket kits all include a projector housing, and if you ever find one that doesn't - you can be sure they are illegal.

so the rules are similar then.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mambo View Post
    Thinking of upgrading my tucson's front bulbs, and I find xenon bulbs to be brighter. Is it legal? Thanks
    here in the philippines it isnt illegal... and they will not make a law to ban it cause politicians themselves use HID in theirs SUV's...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is xenon bulb legal?