New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    contact our shop: 9218831..

we do headlight harnesses...

complete using japan wires...bosch relays....fuses...etc.

mga 600 lang yata yun.

ask ronald.
    magkano total kung kasama ang all-weather na bulbs?

BTW, can you "paint black" yung HL ng EK?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so how if you put a 100w bulb without rewiring....ano ba mga negative effects? :roll:

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    installing the relays takes the load of the electricity going to the steering column area. The column switch merely becomes a switch controlling the relays. thus the load of higher wattage will not damage the thinner wires installed the car's original equipment.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    sun tzu, without rewiring, you are taking 'risk' that the wires will be able to handle the higher wattage load. if the existing wires 'can't' handle it, it will fry. I had experience of not installing relays and for a few months no problem until i noticed the lamps became dimmer than usual. I had relays installed and the output went back up to the higher output.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    gian, price would be around 800 to 1k.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RS Sprint
    conrad,

AFAIK rewiring itself will not increase the output of the bulbs, but it will ensure the longevity of your uprated higher wattage headlights since higher wattage bulbs create a lot of heat thereby needing fatter wires to cope.
    yep! tama si RS Sprint!

pero may question ako, how come when i put my stock H4 bulbs back after having a relay installed, parang lumakas yung buga nya ng ilaw?? :roll:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon
    Quote Originally Posted by RS Sprint
    conrad,

AFAIK rewiring itself will not increase the output of the bulbs, but it will ensure the longevity of your uprated higher wattage headlights since higher wattage bulbs create a lot of heat thereby needing fatter wires to cope.
    yep! tama si RS Sprint!

pero may question ako, how come when i put my stock H4 bulbs back after having a relay installed, parang lumakas yung buga nya ng ilaw?? :roll:
    AFAIK, output is a bit stronger with the wiring kit because there is less resistance on the wiring path between the headlight and your battery; unlike the stock wiring which is longer and thinner and usually shares a common ground with other electrical components in the car.

Correct me if i'm wrong though.

To the rest, thanks for all your inputs! Highly appreciate it.

Gian

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Speaking of these headlight wiring kits, I went to CATS kanina and OMG nagtaas ata sila ng presyo! P1,800 for a set?! Damn! Mas mura na magpagawa nalang nun kaysa bumili ka pa ng mga kits na iyan siguro!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wrecker..all weather bulbs na narva costs less than 300 pesos parin yata.

so plus 600 and labor na 150 (tawaran mo nalang)

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    wrecker..all weather bulbs na narva costs less than 300 pesos parin yata.

so plus 600 and labor na 150 (tawaran mo nalang)
    do you "paint black" HLs ba?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Where to buy: Headlight wiring kit