New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    guys need your info. i installed a new headlight bulb (Euroline) just yesterday, a few hours of using it i noticed that the left side headlight is dark while i was driving. i went down to see what the problem is. as i was looking at my headlight assembly, i noticed shrapnels of the bulb which exploded in my headlight assembly. ano kaya problem guys bakit pumutok yung bulb? yun lang naman sa left side...

2. jagxtrm Guest
    bka nahawakan mo yng bulb pre...

a small oil (from ur finger print) can cause a higher temperature on that area, thus causing the glass to 'crack' more easily...

o kaya naman natagtag yng bulb during shipment (from shop to ur home)...

pwede rin na may factory defect yng bulb...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    somebody touched the glass part

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    korekek, nahawakan mo siguro yung glass ng bulb. or nasagi mo yung bulb sa gilid ng housing tapos basa pala o may oil/grease dun. very sensitive ang glass ng bulb kasi. any liquid film (water, body oil, grease, sweat, etc etc) causes uneven heating of the bulb surface. this in turn will cause it to crack or even explode. minutes lang yan sabog na. kaya nga it comes wrapped in a styrofoam protector and you're supposed to remove that only when about to install it. don't even remove it for 1 second until you're really about to install it. hirap na baka madisgrasya, bigla ka ubuhin at tamaan ng tilansik ng laway yung bulb.

one way to remedy pag nacontaminate yung bulb is to clean with contact cleaner or alcohol, but this is no guarantee. sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    one way to remedy pag nacontaminate yung bulb is to clean with contact cleaner or alcohol, but this is no guarantee. sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.
    Tama si bossing yebo.. If ever you did touch the glass part, you should clean it with cloth with alcohol before installing it, this always works for me, wala pa namang sumabog na headlight bulb sakin when i do this.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    haaay... thanks for the info guys... di tuloy magkapareho ngayon ang headlight ko... anyway, i have to do with it for now, sayang naman kasi kung hindi ko gagamitin. thanks.

headlight bulb pumutok...