New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Hi Guyz! I really created an account just to get quality information from the experts. I have little knowledge about HID lights so would really appreciate feedbacks. I am planning to change my headlight (H4) and fog light (H11) to an HID light but undecided whether to get a 4300K or 6000K and what brand to get between Genesis or DK (brand available) unless you have a brand to suggest? Reason why I wanted to change it is because I find it hard to drive during night time especially when its raining and driving in highways. Also, if you have suppliers (LAS PINAS, CAVITE or MAKATI area) to recommend where I can buy at a cheaper price but quality wise ok and accept home service (preferably).

Please help. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    4300k for both fogs and low beam. Para oem look. :-)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Firstly, what you're planning to do is counter-productive of your goal to see better at night.

1. Slapping HIDs into halogen casings is a no-no as it is a safety risk for you and the person you'll be blinding on the opposite lane. All you'll be doing is producing glare. What's glare? Take a flashlight, put it just a few inches from your eye, open it. That's glare and it's the last thing you want to be doing to the opposite car while traversing mountain roads.

Sure, a lot of people do it. Most of them are ignorant of what they're doing. Some do it for the "porma" and some because HID conversion is pricey, but seriously doing it makes you look all the more cheap. So ditch the fake muffler tips and try to shore up around 10 grand and avail of a proper conversion.

2. If you'll ever be slapping the HIDs, going up the Kelvin scale is even more so counter-productive in helping you see in the rain and at night. The ideal color temperature is at 4300K because you get the optimal lumens output, but for the typhoon season, going all the way down to the yellowish all-season bulbs is ideal.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    To simplify everything, putting plug and play HID kits on your STOCK and NON-MODIFIED reflector headlights is a "reckless" thing to do. Most of the time hindi aimed properly yan kaya bubulagin mo lang kasalubong mo.

Kindly refer to this thread.

>>>>http://tsikot.com/forums/car-lights-...-newbie-88128/<<<<
    Last edited by Chikselog; January 18th, 2013 at 08:03 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Night Breaker. Much cheaper than HID bulbs, but even more effective than them if you mount it on a halogen headlamp housing like in your Mazda 2.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Also TS if you find it hard to drive at night, time to change to a lighter shade of tint. Tint ang pinaka mortal na kaaway ng ilaw.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Night Breaker. Much cheaper than HID bulbs, but even more effective than them if you mount it on a halogen headlamp housing like in your Mazda 2.
    maganda nga yung mga yan. upgraded from stock halogen to Osram NBP. malaki yung improvement lalo na kung totally dark yung street

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    thank you so much guys for your suggestions and feedbacks! :D