New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I just bought torque hid conversion kit from a friend of mine...

the first time i installed it, only the hi beam was working which was the halogen, the low beam which was the hid did not work... so i had it fixed returned it to my friend and then he came back to check what was the problem... so we checked and he saw and evaluated the problem... now he told me that its already okay... so pinakabit ko na and looking at what the suppliers did was rewire it na yung socket is binalutan ng electrical tape wla nmn ako magawa tropa eh so then when we installed it... when you turn on the light both xenon and halogen is working but then i tried to flick the bright... it was suppot!!! i compared it to the other light it was even worst than my fog lamps!!! so i asked. he said that its really like that for innova sockets because its grounding lines are different from mitsubishi, hondas etc... so now im freaking out that his suppliers are not giving me the proper response to this kind of situation i need help guys!! kung merong mga diy okay lang pero meron ba kayong alam na pwedeng pag ayusan??

mind you i bought this brand new with my own high school savings... im a college student now and just trying to make our car look good and this is what happens... so yeah please?

you bought the kit from one person and another guy installed it?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    i bought it from a friend because he was the one who bought it from the supplier... di ko pa po kasi kaya po yung retrofit nyo po sr gary maybe pagnakaipon po ako... paano ba po magandang gawin sr gary?

so a friend bought it from a supplier and someone installed it? reason I asked is the best way to proceed is to return it to the seller, problem lang pag iba nagkabit, you void the warranty. also do you know that this setup will cause glare to other motorists?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    i know po sr pero ndi ko po kasi afford yung retrofit po sr student palang po kasi ako and naipon ko lang po from my high school yung pinambili ko ng Hid po kaya yun...

bale ang nangyari po is binili ko po from a friend then me and my kinakapatid tested it na yung positive negative na deretso sa batt so gumana but, nung sinaksak namin sa socket ng innova ayaw gumana nung hid... only the halogen hi is working so i told my friend na kung ppwede i pa check... so he did and i was begging for them to change it to 4300k kasi thats what i really wanted pero they said na pag meron nang bumili nung unit pagpapalit nlng... thats what my friend said... so nung he came back with the kit kasi sabi sa ibang car gumagana nmn and bakit sakin lang ayaw... so then he propposed na aayusin nya yung socket... but i was suggesting na papalitan... so then he came back after a few days and told me that the supplier "fixed" the terminal... which i saw nakabalot ng electrical tape so i was in high hopes na gagana na kasi ive been wanting to see it... then nung sinaksak true to life gumana!! pero nung pinitik ko yung hi... bumukas yung halogen pero, alam nyo po yung itsura ng ilaw na kapos sa power... na imbis na whitish yellow na malakas naging yellowish orange na sobrang hina it couldnt be compared to the halogen in the other headlight(which wasnt changed at that time) kaya yun i lost hope waiting for their response and im thingking na even if i got a defect ndi din ako masasagot ng maayos... thats why i was seeking for help from professionals or even to those who knows what to do because it was from my "baon" na inipon through out my highschool... ingit kasi ako sa manga car na naka hid... so thats why pinag ipunan ko and... minalas nga nmn... mali pa nabilan... please any one who could help please help!

Question? Help!