New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hi Peeps,

Just want to have some inputs. Im currently thinking of having my headlight retro fitted or adding fog lamps. 1 thing that making me think twice about retro fitting is the price, adding fog lights will be a lot cheaper. but 1 also want to maximize my spending...kasi para tingin ko pag naka retrofit na kahit walang fog lights ok na.

Please share me some thoughts.

Many Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Depende sa budget. Kung may abang na yung car mo na space and provision for a fog lamp, buy that nalang. I guess sa ibang cars may available na projector version ng fog lamps. Bili ka ng good quality at hindi gawa sa plastic at hindi magmumukhang magffade agad. Better to invest good bulbs for these too.

Kung wala at you have the budget for retrofit, then get a retrofit. Get a good quality type and good installer.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by chaitotek View Post
    Hi Peeps,

Just want to have some inputs. Im currently thinking of having my headlight retro fitted or adding fog lamps. 1 thing that making me think twice about retro fitting is the price, adding fog lights will be a lot cheaper. but 1 also want to maximize my spending...kasi para tingin ko pag naka retrofit na kahit walang fog lights ok na.

Please share me some thoughts.

Many Thanks!
    Retrofit. the headlamps are designed for night visibility while the fog lamps are designed for severe/limited visibility, don't mixed em up, meaning dont use your fog lights when visibility is not severe or limited because you be blinding on-coming traffic

anong oto?
    what kind of tint do you have sa windshield?

ok I do retrofits but you dont have to do it kung wala kang budget. you said you want to maximize the peso you will spend which is what all of us want to do. This is a good guideline: for every peso that you spend and the resulting lumens output on the bulb, you will get a better ratio if you use an hid projector sa headlamps compared sa foglamps. Meron advantage ang headlights kasi the location of the projector is higher thus you get more of the output and second, mas malakas ang mga projectors, generally ang nakakabit sa headlamps. Let me know anong oto para we can guide you.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ang buga ng foglamps ay maiksi lang and wide. very good for very slow speed and very low visibility. headlights has better throw. Better to have good headlights than supplemental fog lamps.

I have foglamps, but rarely used.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kung offroad car ka, tipong Pajero.. tapos ilalagay mo yung malalaking round foglamps sa grille, ok lang. Pero kung normal foglamps, wala rin tulong yan halos

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    consider how light you can go with your tint, then decide. unless your environment demands dark tint, halogens are enough if you have clear/light tint.

hid or halogen, the dipped beam distance is limited due to its downward direction. fog lamps have even shorter range.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    anong oto?
    what kind of tint do you have sa windshield?

ok I do retrofits but you dont have to do it kung wala kang budget. you said you want to maximize the peso you will spend which is what all of us want to do. This is a good guideline: for every peso that you spend and the resulting lumens output on the bulb, you will get a better ratio if you use an hid projector sa headlamps compared sa foglamps. Meron advantage ang headlights kasi the location of the projector is higher thus you get more of the output and second, mas malakas ang mga projectors, generally ang nakakabit sa headlamps. Let me know anong oto para we can guide you.
    First off, lemme thank y'all guys for your inputs, i really i appreciate it!

it is a CRV 2nd gen and I have a magic black tint (platinum yata, forgot the brand).i can say it medium kasi may tropa na naka-maniac tint which di ko kaya gamitin. that's why i opted for the mirror type magic black tints.

i am now using an Plug and play HID(4300) telescopic (i rarely used the highbeam kasi alam ko na makakasilaw ako) .i wanted more lights kasi pag gabi mejo madilim sa floodway(east bank road). kakalipat ko lang dito, mga about a month ago palang. so ngayon ko lang naisip na i needed better lighting.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    i have a gen2 CRV, osram nb+ bulbs and foglights, solargard quantum (magic) tint. ok naman yung driving sa gabi, yung fogs wala masyadong tulong,

for your need i suggest you get a HID retrofit.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Only a few car's OEM fogs can provide you with your required output. Unfortunately, your CRV is not one of them.

Go for the retrofit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Projector type Retrofit or add fog lights