New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aside from cosmetic purposes, ano pa ba purpose neto? eto yung knob na nag cocontrol na kung gano kaliwanag o ka dim yung light na lumalabas sa panel ninyo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ewan nga... i rarely use mine. or baka dun sa medyo malabo ang mata para ma adjust ung sa kanila.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    ewan nga... i rarely use mine. or baka dun sa medyo malabo ang mata para ma adjust ung sa kanila.
    You're probably right, bro. In addition, i guess car manufacturers considered individual differences. Some like their panel brightly lit others like it dim. Hence, the adjusment knob.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    other drivers are sensitive to light kasi sa nightdriving, to reduce glare, thats y there r dimmers for dashlights/gaugelights, some HU also have dimmer features.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    aside from cosmetic purposes, ano pa ba purpose neto? eto yung knob na nag cocontrol na kung gano kaliwanag o ka dim yung light na lumalabas sa panel ninyo.

This is a very neat feature especially to those who have migraine. When you drive in a very dark road, the dash lights can be very bright which can trigger headache and sore eyes. Remember when you were a kid and your mom always tell you not to read with the lights in front of you, instead, put the light on your side or at your back.

My Sony HU has this feature too which is pretty neat. Sometimes, those fancy display from the HU can be very distracting at night. Good thing, you can set it to dim when you turn on your headlights.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Good for those who have eyes that are sensitive to light or for those people who have migranes, where their migranes could be triggered by bright light. Current Saab models can even shutdown all the panel lighting. Dark cockpit anyone?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Sa kin todo na malabo pa rin. Baka madumi na yung bulb. Gusto ko sana mas maliwanag ng konti pa.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if that is the case, why not make the dash lights dim? personally din, i really prefer the dimmest setting eh.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They are especially useful during long drives on very dark roads. It is there to reduce eyestrain.

You cannot make the dashlights always dim because the light can be washed out in urban settings (buildings, neon signs, etc.). And because during sunset, the eye is still adapting to the loss of light and hence still require more assistance.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    up ko lang.
    just like to inquire if possible na lagyan ng dimmer yung 1.6 E model Altis (2007)?
    yung sa 1.8 E model kasi merong built in dimmer.

Panel Light (Dimmer) Adjuster