New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Been noticing a lot of moon-roofs on cars that doesn't have it off the factory.

Anyone knows which shops do this?

What are the disadvantages to having cut out a section of your top?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I read on some other threads that if not factory installed, usually you're going to run into leak problems afterwards.

Personally, I can't imagine my car being cut on the roof, argh... baka dun magsimula ang kalawang in the long run.

OT:
    When I read the subject, I though of different thing... in my company moonlighting refers to employees selling items to co-employees,e.g., tupperware, avon, toron, necklace, biko, sandwich, cell card, etc...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    We once had a Galant with a sun/moon roof installed na aftermarket. Ok naman, wala namang leaks. Ok din naman yung control, hindi sumasablay. Siguro depende na sa gagawa. I can check with the new owner kung ok pa rin hanggang ngayon. That was 3 years ago.

As to the advantage, ok sya kung nagyoyosi ka. Otherwise, mainit, kahit sarado moonroof.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ask pajerokid, he installed an aftermarket moonroof before in his previous ride.

Sa pagkakaalam ko Ziebart does install sunroofs/moonroofs.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My previous ride had a moonroof installed by Ziebart. They offer lifetime leakproofing, so if it leaks, they'll fix it for free. During my five years, I have around 2 repairs done for leaks and another for retightening of the screws holding the frame. I was pretty satified though.

BTW, the "sunscreen" is just a big piece of black plastic which clips under the glass. The heat of the sun still goes thru it. I added a foil/foam insulator to it and after that, it feels cool under it even at noon time.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Thanks everyone for the reply, reconsidering it though any leak would mess up the roof carpet.

FYI: I was just messing up with the title ehehe...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ... I would admit, I still love to have a sunroof on my current ride if it would not make my chassis softer in hard cornering maneuvers.

Moonlighting...