New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    GUYS, bagohan lng po aku d2... ung tsikot ku eh ung mercedez benz, 1985 model.. body number is wdb124.. anu kaya ung magandang pang palit sa headlight ku.. kasi hnd na maganda ung reflector nito eh.. hirap dalhin sa gabi.. at saan kaya aku mkakabili? d2 me sa iloilo.. im willing to buy anywhere in the phil.. ill accept delivery charge ofcourse.. meron kasi nag sabi sa akin na may newlook daw ng headlight sa ganitong car model ku,,

please provide picture if you have one... thanks..

and also what is the recomended headlight bulb? gus2 ku rin kasi ung all-weather, ung magandang quality at mahaba ung range.. kasi sabi ng iba pangit ang blue tsaka white pag umuulan..

anu po ma recomend nyu?

im willing to negotiate.. please provide ng pictures pra ma kita ku ung quality at color.. thanks..

your reply is very much important to me..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    you can search the net "" mercedes benz 1985 124" images without the qoutes pra malaman nyu ung itsura nya.. d me kasi mga post ng web add d2 eh.. less than 10 post pa aku...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi there, I'm also a w124 Benz owner here, mine is a '92 300E 2.6, madali lang yung problema mo sa headlights, pwede pa-rechrome yung reflector as long as hindi pa malala yung kalawang kung walang mabili na bago, just like what I did in my other Benz, a w126 type, with regards to the all weather bulbs, Osram na all weather yung kinabit ko, 90/130 watts yata yun, palagyan mo ng relay para siguradong di masunog wiring mo.

For the so-called "new look" headlights, I think it is what is more popularly known as the "E-look". You can also do this but bear in mind na kailangan palitan yung hood dahil iba na yung contour ng headlight na yan, no to mention that you have to totally update the look of your car to a 1994 model w124. Since your car is a 1985 model, assuming that your car is factory stock, you'll have to:

1. replace the side moldings (body cladding) to 1990 up model
    2. replace door handles with chrome trim in the middle
    3. replace rear bumper with longer profile to achieve the look of the 1994 E-look
    4. replace signal lights to clear ones.
    5. replace taillights with smoked ones.
    6. add chrome trim on the top portion of the bumpers.
    7. replace hood to 1994 E-look along with the grille.
    8. replace trunk to 1994 E-look.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; September 28th, 2008 at 11:48 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We need to find out if your W124 is US or European version. If it's the US version with the US DOT headlights then you have no choice but to toss those away in favor of the European headlight assemblies which are far superior to the US version ones. There are many types of W124 headlights the 500E models also sported different ones. So in a nutshell there are 4

US DOT
    Euro 1st and 2nd gen (standard w124 look)
    Euro 3rd gen (E-look as Ron mentioned)
    Euro 500E (chromed surround + driving light instead of fog light, fog light is on bumper)

Your 1985 model should have the European headlight (2nd option in my list above). Palinisan mo ang loob, there are clips that hold the lens to the assembly. In between is a gasket. Palitan mo rin yon.

However, see if you can adjust the headlights properly. Yan ang una ko gagawin, it's the easiest change one can do to the car's lights. www.danielsternlighting.com has a write up on how to adjust the lights properly. You'll need a 13mm open end wrench or standard socket to adjust it.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    (double post)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    btw share ko yung pics nung car nya

Last edited by aga_cruz; September 29th, 2008 at 09:34 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Euro 1st and 2nd gen, definitely the most common of them. I can see how it's all foggy and dirty inside. Like I said take the lens out have it cleaned (glass and reflector, as well as headlight frame/assemblies). Ingat lang sa reflector, yan ang delicate part ng headlights. Now is also a good time to aim the lights properly.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    thanks all for your reply..

hmmm so bibili nlg me ng standard.. gus2 ku rin sana ung chrome ung sa gilid eh pra mas malinaw..hehehe

can you provide pix nga e-look sa 124? tsaka ung chrome?

btw at aga- paanu mu nkuha pic ng benz ku? hehehe

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sssshhhhhhhh secret btw: sarap i HID nyan tapos puti pa yung kulay ng sasakyan
    Last edited by aga_cruz; September 30th, 2008 at 09:15 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sabog ang buga ng ilaw kapag naglagay ka ng HID sa halogen headlight assembly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
mercedes headlight and bulb