New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I'm planning to put a map light on civic 96. San ba pwede mag pa install ng ganito?

Another question is regarding rice bulbs for my gauge. San ba pwede bumili and may iba iba bang kulay ang rice bulbs?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, yung map light, pwede yang i-DIY eh. but you just have to have a bit of patience and a steady hand.

actually, most accessory shops can do it for you.

yung rice bulbs, sa concorde meron.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    actually, yung map light, pwede yang i-DIY eh. but you just have to have a bit of patience and a steady hand.

actually, most accessory shops can do it for you.

yung rice bulbs, sa concorde meron.
    Hmmm. Accessory shops? Okay. Will try that option. I've been thinking if I need to bring it to an upholstery shop to blast a hole then bring it to a electrical shop to install.

As for rice bulbs, does it have different colors? or stock color lang?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    Hmmm. Accessory shops? Okay. Will try that option. I've been thinking if I need to bring it to an upholstery shop to blast a hole then bring it to a electrical shop to install.

As for rice bulbs, does it have different colors? or stock color lang?
    yes, it can do also. but to save you time and money, look for an accessory shop which does both.

on rice bulbs, merong iba iba... in fact, mayroon akong yellow and orange...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yes, it can do also. but to save you time and money, look for an accessory shop which does both.

on rice bulbs, merong iba iba... in fact, mayroon akong yellow and orange...
    So how much does a rice bulb cost?

Mahirap maghanap ng shop na all in one dito sa east. Hehe.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    eto bro link from another forum.

diy lang ginawa ko sa civic. bought a maplight from evangelista tapos ako na lang nagkabit. just make sure na super sharp yung blade na gagamitin mo to cut a hole sa headliner and measure twice before cutting parang walang mali.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    eto bro link from another forum.

diy lang ginawa ko sa civic. bought a maplight from evangelista tapos ako na lang nagkabit. just make sure na super sharp yung blade na gagamitin mo to cut a hole sa headliner and measure twice before cutting parang walang mali.
    Yun nga ang kinatatakutan ko. Yung mali ang cut. Papagawa ko nalan and wala ako alam sa wiring ek ek.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    sayang din bro. i got my maplights for P500. tapos sa mga napagtanungan ko average is P300 ang charge nila para ikabit yung maplight. ako na lang gumawa - ipinangkain ko na lang yung natipid ko and nothing beats the satisfaction of having done it yourself.

madali lang gawin bro. just follow the steps in the link and remember the tips mentioned (sharp cutter, trace the maplight on a cardboard, etc). believe me, garapal yung service charge. i would think the effort is just worth P100 kung ipapakabit ko sa shop yung maplight.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You could try seatmate located near the Mandaluyong Circle. They installed the maplight for my strada, galing nila and malinis gumawa

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ano ba magandang klaseng map light? karamihan sa nakikita ko sa cigarette lighter kinakabit. though yung orig na pang crosswind need pa ng overhead console.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Maplight installation and rice bulb inquiry