New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    xenonoptics,
    Thank you. very informative post. Ngayon alam ko na kailangan ko.

Alignment

Maganda yung pagkaka align mo dun sa headlights ng Avanza. Pwede ba magpa align sa inyo?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There are certain cars that cannot be baba aimed talaga, mostly older rides. kung sobra naman ang pababa sa aim, hindi na malayo ang abot niya.

there is no certainty kasi sa reflectors. perhaps acceptable ang iba sa city, but iba na yan sa long distance dark rural areas. mght not be blinding... but maaring masakit parin sa mata. there are people who are very sensitive on dark night drivings.

kaya maging sensitive nalang tayo, if your reflectors need to be aimed down. then do it. at the expense of your safety or not preferably.

Ok balik tayo sa question, what's the best HID. HID is a complete lighting system made up of several parts. The best HID lighting setup for now is one that has a true HID projector, OEM bulbs like Philips, Osram, etc na 4300k and OEM ballasts like Denso, Matsushita, Mitsubishi, Hella, etc. This setup is the best in terms of output and reliability. Some setup will give you more output like Philips DL50 on 50w ballasts but you sacrifice reliability.

Plug and Play HID is not a good compromise as it causes glare and if you aim the headlamps lower you sacrifice forward lighting. When running at 80 kph, you don't need immediate foreground lighting, you need lighting way ahead of the car.

Bulb temp?? 4300k will give the most output in terms of lumens. Any retrofitter suggesting other bulb temps should check their facts. This is science. 3000k and 6000k will give lower light output.

Bolt on projectors are inferior to true HID projectors like FXR, TSX, TL, etc. This is in terms of width and intensity and reliability is affected coz you will be using rebased HID system. Although this is better than plug and play HID units as glare is minimize and intensity is better.

rion: I agree with you.

Starex Gold: take a pic of your output, 8 steps away from a flat wall para you can see it better. You can use your ballasts kung mag projector ka. Thanks for the link but I'm referring to Philips Netherlands and OEM systems. Have you tried installing Philips XP's? or Raybrigs and PIAA? You will get better lighting performance with those bulbs.

jmpet: a true HID projector retrofit will give you the best output. That headlamps you posted has a terrible output. Mas maliwanag pa stock halogen headlamps mo, really. If you want that then you need to change the stock projectors naka kabit dyan.
    The last GE I did:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    Ok balik tayo sa question, what's the best HID. HID is a complete lighting system made up of several parts. The best HID lighting setup for now is one that has a true HID projector, OEM bulbs like Philips, Osram, etc na 4300k and OEM ballasts like Denso, Matsushita, Mitsubishi, Hella, etc. This setup is the best in terms of output and reliability. Some setup will give you more output like Philips DL50 on 50w ballasts but you sacrifice reliability.

Plug and Play HID is not a good compromise as it causes glare and if you aim the headlamps lower you sacrifice forward lighting. When running at 80 kph, you don't need immediate foreground lighting, you need lighting way ahead of the car.

Bulb temp?? 4300k will give the most output in terms of lumens. Any retrofitter suggesting other bulb temps should check their facts. This is science. 3000k and 6000k will give lower light output.

Bolt on projectors are inferior to true HID projectors like FXR, TSX, TL, etc. This is in terms of width and intensity and reliability is affected coz you will be using rebased HID system. Although this is better than plug and play HID units as glare is minimize and intensity is better.

rion: I agree with you.

Starex Gold: take a pic of your output, 8 steps away from a flat wall para you can see it better. You can use your ballasts kung mag projector ka. Thanks for the link but I'm referring to Philips Netherlands and OEM systems. Have you tried installing Philips XP's? or Raybrigs and PIAA? You will get better lighting performance with those bulbs.

jmpet: a true HID projector retrofit will give you the best output. That headlamps you posted has a terrible output. Mas maliwanag pa stock halogen headlamps mo, really. If you want that then you need to change the stock projectors naka kabit dyan.
    The last GE I did:

Yung low beam nya naka projector lamps na halogen bulb . Kung upgrade ko sya to HID bulbs mahina pa din output nya. So mas ok pa din po retrofit?

Yung sa GE ko yung fogs niya naka 4300k hid and sobrang kalat lang yung ilaw niya sa sides dapat talaga projectors.
    Last edited by jmpet626; May 6th, 2010 at 07:51 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    jmpet626, sadyang sa side ang buga ng fog lights
    mas maganda parin talaga kung magpapa retrofit ka ng HID Projector talaga. Ibang iba ang output.

bro garyq, since sabi mo makaka mura na ako pag magpapa retro, how much na ngayon yung gusto kong package?
    - FX-R
    - Gatling shroud (or meron ka ba bago shrouds dyan?)
    - Philips D2S

Gaano pala katagal mag retro? Kasi wala ako spare HL. Mas mapapa mahal pa ako pag bibili ng new set of headlights.

I tried the Philips XP on my Optra. Malakas talaga sya. Ngayon naiisip ko sana nag Osram Night breaker ako. Pero dalawa nalang option ko ngayon since naka HID na. Retro or buy iX35 headlights (which I think pricey, but OEM).

jmpet: yes bro I know na ganyan setup nyan. The output of a projector depends so much on it's bowl design. kahit lagyan mo ng HID bulb yung LO nyan hindi lalapad yuung output and I've had experience sa ganyan projector na sumabog pa lalo yung output.

starex gold: sms me na lang bro, 9178554454

This is the last Jazz GD I made. FXR setup. Look at this output and compare this to pnp kits or even bolt on projectors:

8 steps from the wall, approx. You can see the intensity, width and pagka even ng light distribution sa buong output width.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    OT: eto yung pic ng OEM iX35 headlights

garyq, sige bro. Thanks. btw, ang gaganda ng recent works mo ngayon. mukang puro GD ang nagpapagawa

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Nakakainggit talaga, ang liwanag ng output kapag naka retrofit.

BTW, para saan ang different types ng shrouds? I mean bakit di na lang iisa?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    yung shrouds kasi ni gary, galing sa iba't ibang brand and model ng mga kotse. Yun yung mga OEM shrouds. Syempre namimili din ng babagayan ang shrouds.

starex: ganda naman ng IX35. Gusto ko CRDI tapos ung panoramic roof,yummy!
    Sana bro dumiretso kana sa retrofit coz mahal din yang hid kit you bought. Anyways sige just text me and let's work something out. maganda rin mag amber parklights ka bro. Did 2 GD's the last 3 weeks and a Forester Subaru SG9, ganda nun! tapos naka quad setup. A couple of shrouds would fit nicely sa Tucson. Tingnan natin ano maganda.

Chik: yup kung ano mas bagay kasi ung ginagamit ko and also ung fit sa loob ng headlight.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
looking for best hid?