New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    look night vision for night drivers: like in mercedes and bmw 7series.
    i always drive at nighy & have difficulty seeing
    people,motorcycle/jeepney/car without lights, i already have a LCD installed in my car. and i plan to add a night vision to help me see. i already searched ebay all they have is "Night Vision Wide Angle Car for RearView". can i install these at my front bumper? Are this thesame installed in mercedes or bmw to help driver see clearly at night? or these are for backing purpose only?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    IMO i dont advice it. your attention on the road might be compromised since you r attention would switch between the LCD and the wheel. Try to remove any tints from your windshield first and install good lighting for your headlights. yellow foglamps are good at night driving. try flashing your headlamps when in doubt and especially if you dont see anything

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by onedayoldchick View Post
    ...all they have is "Night Vision Wide Angle Car for RearView". can i install these at my front bumper? ... or these are for backing purpose only?
    imo: backing purposes only. 'coz they're of the mirror image type (the image is flipped horizontally).

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    i dont have tint on my windshield. maybe i could just use it only when needed. on dark unlighted road and alanganin places..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    getting a better pair of headlights is cheaper and safer

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    upgrading your headlight's bulbs or installing a pair of aux driving lamps would be cheaper and easier to use than an automotive night vision system.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It would also be good to adjust your lights properly.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Do those bumper lights really make a difference with driving visibility at night? I was thinking about installing a pair on my bumper to get better visibility.

I had tint on my windshield before, a dark tint. At night I couldn't see potholes, and I could barely see the people who stand at the median of the street while crossing the road. I had to remove the tint up front, too dangerous.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    Do those bumper lights really make a difference with driving visibility at night? I was thinking about installing a pair on my bumper to get better visibility.

I had tint on my windshield before, a dark tint. At night I couldn't see potholes, and I could barely see the people who stand at the median of the street while crossing the road. I had to remove the tint up front, too dangerous.
    Yes they do help in improving visibility if aimed properly. Get yellow aux lights for better night driving.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Those rearview cams you see on ebay won't be good enough when you use it upfront. The IR LED's (used for illumination) aren't just strong enough and/or the camera not sensitive enough. Otherwise, a lot would've been using them by now for the same reason as yours.

Not being funny, but in addition to the advices on proper (and legal) lighting, have you ever considered having your eyes checked? Another way is to match your driving speed to the driving conditions, like slowing down when visibility is impaired.

look night vision for night drivers