New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'm doing a DIY project, fixing up my trunk for a simple display of the amp and sub. I'm going to get LEDs to add some life in the trunk. Where do I wire it to? Straight to the battery??? Or...to the fuses?? I'm lost..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The nearest wire would be from the dome light. LEDs have low consumption naman.

If you're going to use high wattage consumption light, then you have to wire it straight from the battery.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Thanks. I was trying to do that earlier, but, I guess my dome wiring is out and not working. It's not recieving any juice. I'm going to have an electrician trace that tomorrow and get it working..I don't have a volt reader and the tools to do that. Then I'll install the LEDs myself. I was thinking of wiring it to my antenna or tail lights...but, then that would mean it would be on when the radio is on n when the car's lights are on. I only want it on when the trunk is open.

Thanks for the input! hopefully I can get this solved.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My friend installed two additional lights on my w123 trunk, sa corners nung trunk above the tail lamps. He tapped the dome light wiring, and added a switch para buksan lang kapag kailangan talaga, and I have the option to turn them on if needed. It's also completely reversible too. ;)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sir...hanap mo na lang ung switch ng doom and cut mo. sa connection po its up to you kung ano gusto mo daan sa switch either negative or positive.

negative on switch

dome switch
    -wire1 to car ground
    -wire2 to LED neg
    LED positive to
    opt.1 capacitor positive
    opt.2 tail lamp positive

positive on switch

dome switch
    -wire1 to
    opt.1 capacitor positive
    opt.2 tail lamp positive
    -wire2 to LED positive
    LED negative to car ground

sir, ung sa akin po sa ilalim ng dash sa likod ko nilagay if ever alis ko subs ko andoon pa rin ung LED ko.

dali lang po gawin.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    If you want to add life i also suggest putting simple neon lights. If you want I can send a picture of mine just give me your email. Bali yung akin, nakatap sa dating light ng trunk ko yung neons. 2 parang dirty white yung color and tago cya.

LEDs in Trunk..where to wire it from?