New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yung stock headlights ng civic ko ang samang tingnan parang lumang luma na. i mean yung housing nya yung plastic parang stained siya nawawala yung pagiging clear nya kala mo ay puno ng gasgas or parang sinand paper. ano po remedy don?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by step22 View Post
    yung stock headlights ng civic ko ang samang tingnan parang lumang luma na. i mean yung housing nya yung plastic parang stained siya nawawala yung pagiging clear nya kala mo ay puno ng gasgas or parang sinand paper. ano po remedy don?
    Are you the first owner of the car? Or, was it brand new when you acquired it? Based on the symptoms of your headlamp housing, they are Taiwan made. Better replace it with original part or Japan made replacement part.

:beer:[SIZE="1"] 3738[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    My other car is an 01 Civic and I had the same experience. I bought it brand new just for the record. My driver side headlight got yellow, faded, dirty and filled with so many scratches. I don't even have any idea how it got to that stage considering that the other headlight still looks good as new. When I went in Banawe, this guy offered me to clean it and I told him go on. After sometime, about a week, it's back to its old stage again. I just replaced the whole thing. I inquired in Honda and it cost 7k+ and I said forget it. So I went to Goldrich, Banawe and good thing they have it. It cost 2200+, if I could remember it clearly, and it's a surplus. If I were you, just replace the whole thing or have it cleaned by those guys who do headlight and smoke thing. I managed to find them here and they are Hazander and North Customs.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    My other car is an 01 Civic and I had the same experience. I bought it brand new just for the record. My driver side headlight got yellow, faded, dirty and filled with so many scratches. I don't even have any idea how it got to that stage considering that the other headlight still looks good as new. When I went in Banawe, this guy offered me to clean it and I told him go on. After sometime, about a week, it's back to its old stage again. I just replaced the whole thing. I inquired in Honda and it cost 7k+ and I said forget it. So I went to Goldrich, Banawe and good thing they have it. It cost 2200+, if I could remember it clearly, and it's a surplus. If I were you, just replace the whole thing or have it cleaned by those guys who do headlight and smoke thing. I managed to find them here and they are Hazander and North Customs.
    I had my Honda SX8 headlights cleaned na same ang itsura sa inyo na faded na ung clear plastic but the result is positively different naging mukhang bago xa at malinis. ang ginawa niliha (sand papered) ng 1200-grade na liha on the outside hanggang mawala ung "burned" o yung yellow na kulay and after that pinahiran ng rubbing compound ayun mukha na bago. Ganun kaya ginawa sa inyo? 500 lang ang labor dito sa Dagupan....

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    May gumagawa nyan sa banawe Bro.

Kung gusto mo ipa-smoke mo na rin... dagdag porma.

Better then buy a new one.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    naglilinis din nang headlight cover ang Big Berts.. nandon ako one time may nagpalinis..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005

parang na thinner ba (automotive) ba?. kung walang stains sa loob, kalawang etc. try mo i-DIY. rubbing compound with drops of kerosene para lubricated siya. then tyagain mong i-rub ng plain cotton cloth soaked with kerosene. tried ko na yan sa tail light lens ko before.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    May gumagawa nyan sa banawe Bro.

Kung gusto mo ipa-smoke mo na rin... dagdag porma.

Better then buy a new one.
    Gnun ba bro? magkano kaya pa-smoke?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    bro ano itsura pag pina-smoke? newbie me e...

10. Join Date
    May 2007

There is a clear plastic polish called plastX it takes the small scratches out so the light comes through better, it also works well on scratches on CDs and DVD's.
    If none available try toothpaste. Yes, toothpaste works pretty well to clean those ugly head lights cover. Use a cotton rug then rub it on circular motion. You have to put pressure when rubbing.

kupas na ang headlight housing