New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Left turn arrow was blinking faster than usual sa dashboard. Upon checking the front signal light was off/busted. This is a normal response, correct?
    When I had both signal left and right bulbs replaced (from stock to LED), yung both (left and right) signals na ang nagbiblink. Is this because the lights are drawing less power?

If I replace them with new stock bulbs (non-LED) would the blinking speed be back to normal?

Is there a better workaround?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    OEM incandescent lamp has a resistance of less than 1 ohm while LED has no open loop until a forward voltage is applied. You could try to fool the flasher module by connecting a resistor in parallel of each LED bulb, or replace the flasher module with LED compatible.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    What car?

At least on my 2.5G Innova, I switched 4 out of the 6 turn signal light bulbs to yellow LEDs. That's all four corners except the peanut bulbs inside boith side mirrors.

Instead of using load resistors so that the LEDs can simulate the power draw of an incandescent bulb (and hence not flash too fast), I replaced the factory flasher relay with an electronic one that is adjustable.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Civic FD

Are these resistors off the shelf parts? Concorde/Blade?

Or am I better off buying a new set of incandescent/non-LED bulbs with the similar wattage (21W)?

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Also, while waiting for the fix, will the installed LED and hence hyperflashing cause anything destructive to the system? Batteries, electronics maybe?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Just search for "load resistor" in L*zada or Sh0p33 madami results. Get the one that has the heatsink already integrated so you don't have to worry about heat.

Meron din LED turn signal bulbs that don't require decoders or resistors, but these tend to be super bright because the maker loads them with a whole bunch of LEDs to make up the required power consumption.

FD/8th-gen medyo mahirap palitan yung flasher module it's buried somewhere in your MICU.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Use an inline load resistor so you won't have to splice through the factory wiring....

https://shopee.ph/2x-Anti-Hyper-Flas...7342.719988519

Oddly enough, there's a How-To video specific to this mod:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What's a good LED 7440/T20 brand? I bought some aluminum encased no-name ones for around 600php per set. They work well if only used for short intervals but when they have been flashing for more than a minute they start overheating and hyperflashing. I saw some brands that have built-in fans but I'm wary about the current draw on the plastic sockets.

Will inline load resistors mitigate this? Do I have to put them in a spot where the heat won't affect anything else?
    Last edited by JohnM; March 16th, 2023 at 06:28 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    You need a ceramic wire wound resistor.... low wattage siguro yung resistor.built in sa bulb resulting to.overheat.. mga 10w 8ohm resistor will do..