New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i recently installed projector headlights on my car, thus eliminating the need for park lights (the pair i got didnt have bulb sockets for park lights). so pwede po kaya kong mag-tap nlang ng foglamps dun sa existing park light wirings? what additional devices(aside from the foglamps ofcourse) do i need to install to make this work? i noticed na manipis lang yung diameter ng wire for the parklights.. what device would allow this to handle high current for the fog lamps? lots of thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can't use the parking lamp wiring to power high wattage devices. It's simply too thin.

And you wouldn't want to have foglamps as your parklamps.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    though i wouldn't really recommend using fog lights as park lamps, you could have relays installed that'll be activated by the park light switch.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hi there!newbie here..i actually tried tapping foglights to my parklight and i can tell you that the fog lights are too dim.then i seek advice from an electrician and he installed a relay,now i can drive w/ just fog lights on.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Why needs a Fog Lights? We dont need a fog light here in the phils. I suggest you to buy and extra parking lights then change the lens of that foglamp into clear glass and use it as driving lights.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsiy View Post
    hi there!newbie here..i actually tried tapping foglights to my parklight and i can tell you that the fog lights are too dim.then i seek advice from an electrician and he installed a relay,now i can drive w/ just fog lights on.
    that's exactly what i had in mind.. driving with just fog lights on.. and sayang rin kasi yung wiring for the park lights if im just going to leave it hanging in there. so relay lang kaya ang kailangan kong i-install? is this the same relay that i should use if i want to install a high-wattage bulb (e.g. 100W up) on a stock 55W socket? how bout a fuse with a higher ampere rating? kailangan rin kaya?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    relay (usually 30A) plus new wiring with gauge 12-14 AWG will do. DON'T USE THE STOCK IRING INTENDED FOR PARKLIGHT! baka masunog ung wire and madamay pa ung ibang wire. mas malaki gastos..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka masunog oto nyo if you do that kind of tap.

best option is to check if can get a wiring diagram of your vehicle and see if your car already have the provision for the fog lamps (most would have one ready).

next option if it doesn't have a provision is to splice the park light wire and connect it to a relay as sensor switch to power a direct power for the fog lamps from the battery (same concept as when upgrading the headlight to a higher wattage bulb)... so it would have its own power source and the power from the park light will only serve to switch the relay.

I beg to disagree that we don't need a fog lamps... in all the cars/pickups/suvs that I have ridden, riding one with a fog lamps on, on a highway or on an ordinary road gives me much-much better view of the road and part of the sides of the roads. Hindi naman porke limited ang times na merun fog dito sa atin means that the fog lamps are senseless to have.

Furthermore, the fog lights are also a good back-up ng headlights in case na bigla itong ma-bust.
    Last edited by wildthing; May 29th, 2007 at 07:11 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    hindi ko alam na yung nabili kong 2nd hand auto e naka-tap lang pala yung passenger side parking light. ayun umusok, at nasunog yung wire, buti na lang yun lang ang nangyari, hindi nasunog ang sasakyan!

ingat lang bro pagdating dyan sa mga wirings!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsiy View Post
    I don't really recommend driving with just fog lights on kasi it's not proper. You should still use your main lights. Minsan kasi ang hirap kung nakafogs ka lang ang baba ng beam hindi agad kita sa mirror.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HOW TO - tapping fog lights to park lights..