New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gaano katagal expected life ng HID lights.

I was told mga 1-2 years lang daw sira na... P10,000 gone...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, you can always replace the busted bulb. The hid ballast would be fine.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    As I recall it is based on the number of hours the lamps are on. The life is longer than regular halogen lamps thats why they provide warranty of 1-2 years because it will last longer than that.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yes, I think that the lifespan is based on the number of hours it is turned on not how long its been installed.

I have two neighbors na mahilig magpasiklaban ng cars nila. Kesa daw 6k then 8k then 10k ang power nila they end up spending a fortune just on HIDs .

Makes me think... DO WE REALLY NEED HiD Lamps?

Are they worth the price?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    IMO worth it lang pag stock HID na ang unit

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ano ba purpose ng HID? what's the ability of HID than non-HID? saan ba maganda gamitin ang HID?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    ano ba purpose ng HID? what's the ability of HID than non-HID? saan ba maganda gamitin ang HID?
    generally, HIDs give out more light than stock bulbs because they have a higher wattage output. they use also lower power inputs.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    HID bulbs are low wattage (35 watts on some models, some are 50watts etc) but use Xenon gas compared to regular bulbs that use Halogen.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    HID bulbs typicaly last 3 times longer than Halogen bulbs.
    OEM HID comes with color temps at 4300K which gives out the whitest light and greater output LUMENS.

Anything over 5000K, the light becomes bluer and light output will diminish.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Yes, the bulbs would last long theoretically. Its the ballasts Im wondering about, considering that many cheaper manufacturers are surfacing...

As for the visibility of the HID lights, there's another forum that tackled the color of the bulbs.

From my understanding though, strong pure white light is no good. Our eyes see using three distinct color sensors - Red, Green, and Blue. The white light which comes out lacks the Red component so it makes it hard to distiguish shapes. yellow lights have all 3 colors blended better, permitting better determination of shadows, shapes, etc.

This is why street lights using yellow colors make it easier for us to see people on the sidewalk even if they emit less light than some of their white counterparts. This is also why it is more soothing to have yellowing light at home, usually called "warm white" rather than the "daylight" florescent bulbs. This is also why fog lamps see better in foggy conditions, on the contrary, Ive been reading questions on the HID forums asking things like "nakakakita ka pa ba kapag umuulan?" regarding their HID lamps and things like...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How long do HID lamps last?