New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i have been reading alot about HIDs in this forum. but i dont really see any shop names?

where can i get a PROPER HID installed. and buy HID at the same time?

around makati/ the metro.

is there like "the place to go" for this? if not the place.. but places to checkout?

thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Installing HID in your stock headlights/projectors is not the proper way.

It need retrofitting and would cost you 20k++ , really depends.

It doesn't only give you the maximum light it gives it also prevents glare that could irritate incoming motorists.

So if you're really willing to spend that much of money then feel free to contact nighthawk and/or garyq.

Nighthawk and garyq are known to do retrofitting here in tsikot, they even have pics on the cars that they have retrofitted already.

If you want something cheaper. xenonoptics has a bolt-on projector kit that if I`m not mistaken costs 11k.

Now, if you don't want to spend much money. Then I guess you should opt only for higher wattage bulbs such as the Osram NB's or the Philips XP's. Yes, they're not HID's but at least having them wouldn't have to compensate the safety of incoming motorists.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    triple post. :hammer:
    Last edited by renzo_d10; May 19th, 2010 at 05:47 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    triple post.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; May 19th, 2010 at 05:46 PM.

hid is for hid projectors

am offering , bolt on projectors na which I modified to improve light spread and cutoff. budget setup eto but of course oem is still the best. This is the way to use hid, maximum light, minimum glare.

HID Stores?