New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hi... just registered here.
    ive been having a dilemma on whether i should buy a 20+k hid headlights or just change my headlight to 130/100 with a relay. car is 1st generation crv. right now, i have the 130/100 halogen headlights with relay because i was convinced by my uncle. so far i only have one person telling me that the 130/100 halogen headlight is more brighter than the hid headlights (no particular K) but nakita ko ung car ng friend ng bro ko. hid looks bright naman considering that it was in a dark warehouse.

i would like to ask your opinions sana on which is better between the two. considering that 20+k is not an easy money although i will buy one if im really convinced and considering that im looking for brightness and not "porma" ^_^ thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well if i were you. i would be more pratical. go for the 130/100 upgrade headlights rather than hid setup. that's bright enough already! add foglights if you want!
    with all that money, you could have set up your soundsystem nalang!

or just save it. put it in the bank.

that if I WERE U. =) peace

pero your not me. so do as you please. =)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hid padin.. iba ang view pag gabe...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    personally, I'd keep the 130/100 watt with relay setup. Why? if bulb gets busted, replacing it will not hurt the wallet. Not to mention 20+K is hard to earn these days.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    im more on the side of keeping the 130/100 halogen headlights. y? because mas tumatagos ang halogen lights. and everytime na may nakatabi akong naka hid pagka bright ko nawawala ilaw niya. and im also worried na pag umulan malabo ang hid.

diesel nubi...tama ka. pagandahin ko na lang sound system ko ^_^

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go for the 130/100 Halogen Setup and add auxilary lamps.

aside from the sound setup improvement, pede rin mags improvement ang 20K, iiba pa ang tayo ng CRV mo

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess it all depends on how much brightness you needed. In my case I have a magic black tint (full) in front. I have tried using GE 140/100 but I can vouch that HID is way brighter than that. If you would be going for HID go for the more yellowish 4800K or 5,000K (next stage) dont go for the blue ones or even violet ones since this is practically useless... maganda pag titingnan mo but in terms of useable lights wala.

HID dont get burned out quick since there isn't anything to burn out... it is composed of gases and salt crystals that cause it to emit bright light. For more info.. you may search HID forums you may get a lot of information on those sites.

But do consider this... once you upgrade to HID your hi-beam would practically be useless.. in my case I still have a H4 auxillary lights to help me during long drive.

Also if you go for HID make sure you have enough shielding done.. some car's with HID there isn't considerate to consider about the glare their HID cause... this is one of the reason why HID was banned in the United States.

Just my 2 cents opinion.
    Last edited by mdpo; September 11th, 2004 at 03:31 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sapul na sapol ni mdpo yung sasabihin ko. Parang nabasa nya kaagad yung nasa utak ko, hehehe. :D

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    gud ang HID, only lang kung dalawa ang bumbilya ng headlight mo ... reason, as far as i know, walang "bright" ang HID and ang mga kotse na equiped with HID from factory, mayroong separate na bulbs king mag bright ang kotse ...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe... nagkataon lang =). Higit naman ang nalalaman mo sa akin =).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
hid headlights? need some opinions