New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by abejr View Post
    Wow, perfect. Thanks for being patient in answering my questions. I finally found that HID thread you mentioned. Kasi, in the past, I just searched "HID" instead of going to Car Electronics, and seeing it under "sticky thread." Kudos sa point by point reply.<abejr>
    Anything I could to help the same way others have helped me here.

Question lang sa #4 mo, if I have to revert back to halogen sa low beam ko, why the need to re-wire? Does that mean may re-wiring sa time when I change my low beam to HID?
    Well, I'll try to explain the schematics as clear as possible on this one. An HID kit (less projector assembly) has 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts. Similar to the bulbs of Overhead and Multimedia Projectors you use in your office, these ballasts are needed so as to allow the bulbs to light up. Since these are High Intensity Bulb types, it needs a device that would trigger and keep its arc's (the circular light created by the bulb itself) plasma which is responsible for increasing the light output of the bulb while at the same time decrease power consumption.

Now, the reason why there is a need to rewire is because the stock wirings of your halogen at the moment are to be tapped to your ballast (well, some taps it elsewhere). In the event that the stock wiring is too thin for the voltage generated by the ballast, the usual thing an installer would do is to replace the wires with thicker ones (really cheap actually).

So, diagram-wise, ang connection ngayon ng headlight mo habang halogen pa ay: POWER SUPPLY CONNECTED TO HEADLIGHT SWITCH -----> BULB
    Kapag nag-switch ka to HID:
    POWER SUPPLY CONNECTED TO HEADLIGHT SWITCH -----> HID BALLAST -----> BULB

No need to fear about it really, yung saksakan ng stock bulbs mo and everything else ay hindi naman papalitan, magdadagdag lang ng wires. At pag ibabalik mo na to stock, tanggalin mo lang yung ballast connection at tapos na.

Also, will the conversion to HID have an adverse effect on my headlight cover? I heard from ca/sa that there are customers who shifted to HID (not specific whether they did it correctly or if they converted their low beam only) and are now complaining that their lenses/headlamp covers have become fogged or unclear. Is there such a thing? Meaning super mainit ba ang na-e-emit ng HID or may bad effect siya sa glass/fiberglass ng headlamp?
    The typical HID's here are rated just at 35watts. That's typically the wattage of stock car bulbs (well in some cases 50 watts). The reason why the headlight assembly become fogged or unclear is because of the following:

A. The bulbs used by the other customers were 50 watt types. I'm not pretty sure if the M3's stock assembly can withstand it, but I've really seen some of my friends' rides equipped with 50 watt types HID's that really experience this fog or unclear assembly.

B. It is also possible that the bulb is improperly mounted by the installer. There are installers kasi who do not remove the headlight assembly and just use the "sungkit" method to remove and install the bulbs, which is really a no-no. Problem kasi dito eh minsan tabingi ang pag-mount, tendency tuloy e ung point ng arc or yung main throw ng light ng bulb eh sa assembly nakatutok at hindi sa dapat ilawan (road). Nangyayari eh gas is emitted through the heated assembly, causing the unclear or fogged effect on the headlights; and

C. Lastly, there are instances that the bulb cover of a car (usually it's the one that covers the bulb at the back of the assembly so as to make "airtight" and "watertight" per se) has to be drilled through to give way for the new wires for the HID bulb. This is really a last resort since a lot of good installers these days can work-around with the wires of the stock bulb so as to be useable for the HID ones instead of boring a hole through the cover. Normally ang gumagawa ng butas-method na 'to are those who either retrofits non-stock bulb types to their cars (ex. H4 ang stock pinalitan to H1) OR have no other option really but to drill through the cap. Although maliit lang yung butas na gagawin, this gives way for air and water to enter inside the assembly, creating the fog or unclear effect.

Pero if you ask me, kahit di mo i-upgrade yan to HID ay prone pa rin yan to becoming fogged or unclear. You shouldn't be alarmed really as these problems can be addressed by headlight repairmen who will just literally remove the seal of the assembly, clean it from the inside, and voila! Fixed!

Good luck on your install, God bless!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Sir batang raon, great explanation... thanks!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    curently im using HID that i bought from LA cars .. dun sa altis ko ok nman performance nya plus very clear yung buga ng ilaw because the lens is clear ..

may question ako .. projector type headlights ba reduce the glare unlike conventional headlights? hindi ba mababawasan ang lakas ng ilaw if i swith to projector headlight for my altis?

napansin ko kasi parang nakakasilaw yung beam kahit naka low beam ako ..

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Projector type light assembly is the ideal match for HID installations. It will not reduce the amount of light that will be projected but will simply concentrate the scope of the beam to a safer direction for the sake of oncoming motorists.

For us who are still waiting to avail of projector lamp assemblies, the default diffuser found in our housings will have to suffice for now.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    can i still use my HID bulb from the original headlamp housing to a new projector type assembly?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    tanung po regarding projector type? wala ako masyado alam regarding sa hid pero was wondering kung anung type ba itongnakakabit sa honda 96. binili ko kasi siya sa trans show 2007 and napansin ko na mahina ang LO light niya.

i've checked with xenon worx and xenon-bulbs basically 8k sa xenon worx then 10k sa xenon bulb ang 8000k na hid for a pair. i've checked with xenon bulbs and sabi nila ok naman na daw ang aki ng ballast (tama ba?)....

ayaw sabihin ng xenon bulbs ang warranty nila while sa xenon worx ay 2 yrs yata. sa ngaun kasi nilagyan ko lang ng h1 na bulb na napaka pathetic ng low light ko less than 8' ang visibility ko..

thanks a lot...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    baka all you need is proper alignment and relay, ground upgrades.

ahh... I love those lights! I've been looking for someone to point me where to buy those honda 96 projectors, so I can point them to my honda friends and myself if we want to upgrade to HID. where could we get like that online localy?
    Last edited by rion; May 14th, 2008 at 11:28 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sencia na matagal reply ...

anyways they have a store in quezon city. i've been looking for the calling card and di ko maalala na ko ito yung store which is under mega art automobile accessories co inc. located at 123 don manuel st., brgy sto. domingo quezon city tel nos. 749 1044, 742-2965 and 414-2546.
    or e mail via simota*info.com.ph. will try to contact them kasi pundido na nga yung rings sa bulbs? eh wala ako alam na mabibilhan nito. may alam ba kau kung san makakabili and magkano? thanks alot...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hid feeling parin kahit naka aftermarket projector?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ang mahal naman ng mga HID nyo mga paps. yung saken nabili ko kay kogsundiam(classifieds part of tsikot). 6800pesos na H4 Telescopic for my civic. pero hindi kasama installation. pinakabit ko sa megaluck sa banawe, suki kc ako dun, 300 lang charge. wala namang naging problema at walang drilling na ginawa. maganda daw kc yung kasamang wiring kit kaya sobrang simple lang ng pagkabit at hindi ginalaw yung wire na papunta sa stock na bulbs kaya pwede ka magpalit ng HID at halogen anytime. yung ballast na kasama sa package yung slim type na.manipis pa sa bagong ipod nano(with video) kaya madali ihanap ng pwesto. and best part is waterproof from bulbs, ballasts, and wiring kit.bumabagyo nung pinakabit ko yung HID ko at walang bubong dun sa banawe. pero walang naging problema kahit basang basa lahat ng nasa loob ng hood. at kung tama ang pagkakatanda ko, 18 months ang warranty.

andito narin lang ako may itatanong narin ako mga paps. kung bibili ako ng projector headlights para sa 98 civic ko, H4 din ba ang bulbs non para magamit ko yung HID ko dun? or H1 na ang bulbs kapag projector?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
HID Brands - Reviews?