New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Sorry for the typo,

impulzz, saan mo tinap yung relay sa lancer mo i assume ginawa mo to sa oto mo

marwen, laki ba difference sa stock na bulbs and brightness ng hella

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT:
    Originally posted by impulzz
    Unags, bring it back para maayos namin.
    I will pag sinipag bumyahe, hehe. Di kasi makatakas sa work. :D

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Originally posted by IcEman
    Sorry for the typo,

impulzz, saan mo tinap yung relay sa lancer mo i assume ginawa mo to sa oto mo

marwen, laki ba difference sa stock na bulbs and brightness ng hella
    YUPS.... para sa akin.. sulit na rin yung hella in terms of brightness... yung durability.. hmmm 4 months and counting pa kasi..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    so what bulbs do you guys recommend? yung 60/55W din ang consumption para i don't have to change anything...

yung all-weather na din sana

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On bulb brands, Philips, Flosser, Osram, and GE amongst some. I still prefer the relay upgrade then use real 90/100W bulbs though. Just make sure maganda yung gawa, even if you spend more... its really a PITA to lose your headlights at night.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Afaik, most all-weather bulbs sold are 60-55W only. Marketing scheme na lang ng bawat brands yung optimum light output sa package, ie; 100-90W, 110-90W, 120-90W, etc.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    if you change to higher wattage bulbs the best thing to do is put relays. Not only will the OE wires be stressed also the switches of the lights. Sometimes nothing happens but most of the time the switches will suffer because they are designed for low wattage bulbs. installing a relay is simple enough but the routing of wires is the hard part, btw what is your car? if it is toyota it would be harder due to the dashboard indicator you need to do something sa instrument panel. or if you want some bolt on wiring you can look for IPF wiring harness for headlights up to 600watts.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    iceman,

sorry for the late responce

yung relay ko sa head lites ng 97 lancer (pizza) is tapped dun sa headlite sockets na orig, look at it closely and you'll see 2 thin wires and 1 thicker red wire. take note NEGATIVE SWITCHING ang lancer lites. meaning ang 2 thin wires which is connected to your light switch is negative. and the red thick wire is connected to your accessories main line. if your familliar with the bosch relay. 85 will be tapped to the thich red wire while 86 will be tapped to your high(thin wire at the middle) or low beam (the other thin wire opposite the thick red wire) these will be your triggers and 30 will be tapped directly to the battery positive. 87 will be go to to your bulbs. and dont forget the negative direct na sa bulb yun.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Whats a good lamp upgrade? I'm currently using GE 130/110 watts. Medyo yellowish yung quality ng lights. I want a slightly whiter light.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    wiretap,

gamit ko philips crystal vision, 1500 a pair dun sa may winterpine ko binili. whiter sya ng konti sa stock bulbs and 130/120w sya.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
help - headlamp DIY upgrade