New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hi tsikoteers ask lng sana ako regarding light bulbs ng fort 09 model, ano magandang brand ng bulb ilagay sa low beam projector and high beam niya and fogs din..anong magandang brand and model din..im going out of town trips every week yun maganda ang output sana for better visibilty sa road..salamat guys..=)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Low Beam, if you're on projectors you can try consider HID if it works well or an all weather bulb.
    High beam, try the stock wattage, higher output bulbs like Philips Xtreme Power
    Fog lamps, go for All Weather.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    *vinj- thanks, was considering hid all the way ano kaya magandang temp?for better visibilty sana..6000k?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Im not too familiar with the light spectrum of HID but i'd think anything between 4K to 6K should be okay. Get too high and visibility in poor weather will get bad as the light beam will just bounce off and not be absorbed by the road surface/weather elements.

I'd go with HID only on the projectors and keep the conventional bulbs on the high beam and fog lamps to keep the beam pattern consistent. Its not all about bulb power but proper dispersion and color range of the bulbs. I'm running conventional HB4 Narva all weather low beams and HB3 Philips Vision Plus high beams on our Altis and it works well at night during my long drives up north, even in very bad weather conditions.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    since the low beam and high beam of the fort is separated,i would suggest you retrofit your low beam with 4800k HID projectors and maintain a halogen bulb on your high beam.if travel mainly on lighted road the fogs could be replaced with a yellow colored philips, if you travel on dark and unlighted roads you can put hid into your fogs use 4300k again for max light

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thanks for the reply guys..im also considering the philips xtreme vision cheaper and maganda ang performance base on my experience but my problem is baka walang available na bulb type for fortuner puro h1,h4 and h7 lang nakikita ko..meron kayang hb3 and hb4 nito?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Low Beam, if you're on projectors you can try consider HID if it works well or an all weather bulb.
    High beam, try the stock wattage, higher output bulbs like Philips Xtreme Power
    Fog lamps, go for All Weather.
    Sir Vinj ask ko lang kung pwede HID sa projectors then didikitan ko ng Yellow film Tint sa Headlights at sa Fog lights? Or the best pa rin yun all weather bulbs?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by adslim_15 View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys..im also considering the philips xtreme vision cheaper and maganda ang performance base on my experience but my problem is baka walang available na bulb type for fortuner puro h1,h4 and h7 lang nakikita ko..meron kayang hb3 and hb4 nito?
    HB4 meron. Sa Blade Yun Philips Diamond Vision. Kung sa concorde, Euroline at Polarg na Pure yellow ang available. Mas mahal ang polarg kaysa sa euroline.

Help good replacment bulb for 09 fortuner head lights and fogs