New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Just bought a pair of ceramic sockets for my headlights. This was recommended by my suking auto supply. Para raw sa higher wattage na mga ilaw. In this regard, mga sirs, ask lang ako, ok kaya na ceramic socket na lang instead of using relays with plastic sockets? Thanks and God bless.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    advantage ng ceramic it won't melt pag nag short yung mga electric wires mo ... but its is advisable to put realy para masmalakas yung output and safer thin sa mga fuses and wires mo

cheap lang naman yung mga ceramic sockets cost around 50 -75 pesoes

dati ang mahal mga 500+ bosch

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    That will depend on the condition of your wires and the other loads attached to it. The ceramic socket is strictly for the light bulb, the material is resilient to extreme heat. Though the relay socket is plastic this doesnt matter because it doenst get super hot unlike the bulb. The reason for using a relay is for sufficient and steady source current when you need it. Relay gets power straight from the battery instead from the switch. The wire from the switch is redirected to the switch of the relay. The switch of the relay only requires low current to activate a coil(unlike a bulb) that will let high current from the battery directly to the headlight. Headlight switch therefore becomes only an activator instead of a power source, the battery now becomes the power source for the light.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; November 12th, 2007 at 08:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    +1 4JGTootsie

the ceramic socket is for the high wattage na bulb
    the relay is to protect your switch and providing high wattage to the bulb

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gaano kataas ang wattage ng ipapalit mo na bulb?

Minsan it is better to have the whole upgrade - ceramic socket, bigger wires and relay setup.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i'ved been using the narva 100/130w na bulb.. one night napansin ko parang isa lang ang umiilaw.. when i checked, natunaw na yung isang socket.. kinabukasan, i changed the sockets to ceramic type, until now ok parin naman. concern ko lang, d kya nya tutunawin yung wires since the bulb has a very high wattage?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    better kung palitan mo na sya into relays... mukhang mataas na yung wattage ng headlights mo... ako i'm planning to install relays na din for my headlights e... project ko na lang... hehehe... tutal may nabibili namang mga relay kits sa mga auto shops... yung isang tingin ko dati nasa 600-700 sya... kasama na lahat pwera lang yata yung fuse for the headlights lang... kasi yung stock fuse na nakakabit sa kotse mo is magiging fuse na sya for the relay so you should add another fuse for the headlights...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    palit kana ng thicker wires and then put a relay to be sure na safe yung electrical system mo.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Medyo ingat din sa pag upgrade ng bulb wattage, check nyo muna kung kaya ng mga lens. Yun iba kasi plastic ang lens, kahit naka ceramic, baka yun lens naman ang tunawin ng sobrang init ng bulb. Advisory lang po,

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    palit kana ng thicker wires and then put a relay to be sure na safe yung electrical system mo.
    ^^Sir Mcbry,

Nag upgrade ka na rin ba ng wires and bulb for your altis? What were the modifications done? I am planning to upgrade my headlight bulbs, medyo nagdadalawa isip lang kasi ako regarding warranty. Though plan ko rin mag install ng foglights for my Altis E, medyo necessary kasi byahe ko norte, usually madilim mga kalsada.

TIA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Headlight socket