New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi Guys,

Just want ask for your help, here is the scenario:

- Dati kc nangyare na toh, ung 1 of my Headlights pag naka LowBeam, walang light na lumalabas, pero pag Hi-Beam, Meron, meaning may problem paglow beam, then, I have changed my socket to a Ceramic one, for both headlights, then Ok na xa, kahit lowbeam may Light na, after a few months, actually ngaun na un, ayaw na naman suminde ng Lowbeam of the same headlight, huhuhu, what kaya problem nitoh? nsa assembly, bulb, or socket kya? please Help me, thanks...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    Hi Guys,

- Dati kc nangyare na toh, ung 1 of my Headlights pag naka LowBeam, walang light na lumalabas, pero pag Hi-Beam, Meron, meaning may problem paglow beam, then, I have changed my socket to a Ceramic one, for both headlights, then Ok na xa, kahit lowbeam may Light na, after a few months, actually ngaun na un, ayaw na naman suminde ng Lowbeam of the same headlight, huhuhu, what kaya problem nitoh? nsa assembly, bulb, or socket kya? please Help me, thanks...
    napupundi yung bulb mo. it means may short or grounded sa wiring.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What should i check here? and also, what Should I do, kya bang i-DIY yan?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What should i check here? and also, what Should I do, kya bang i-DIY yan?
    medyo madugo, pero pwede mong i-check.
    check out for loose wirings, stripped wires and how they are connected out (e.g. via relays, via fuses, etc.)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi Guys,

your bulb is busted.... did you buy orig bulb? baka fake ang nabili mo.... anyway kung fake usually from china it will not last. kung sa hindi mo kilalang autoshops ka bibili maari nga fake yun better buy in handyman, ace hardware or concorde.

kung shorted ang line hindi mo magagamit for a month ang bulb, ora mismo mapupundi agad ang bulb mo or worst puputok.

Philips bulb is one of the best brand in the market, try it. mine is almost 7yrs hindi pa din busted. nabili ko ata yun way back 7yrs kung hindi ako nagkakamali nasa 600 each

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    the external lights controller assembly (yung may lever near the steering wheel) may need replacement. baka nag-short circuit na sa loob and it's not repairable. you can buy a brand new or surplus depending on your budget. an alternative could be to rewire, provide new relay and switch specifically for the low beam. ang sa akin, high beam naman ang nawala so I rewired the high beam switch temporarily, until makabili na ako ng replacement.
    an easy way to check is to have your headlight bulbs tested in a friend's car. hindi rin kasi usual na sabay masira ang headlights and you might be wasting money for replacement. a multitester could also check the bulbs.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    so for short dalhin ko muna sa nearest known and friendly Electrician? before judging the problem in my Headlight? hmm, that is possible,

I'd better check my wirings, then bulb, then the controller assembly..
    but one what I have read, the nearest ones would be its either the wiring or the Bulbs,

Valvura,
    Even though its only on one side? (right side, Passengers seat side), its like a BULAG effect, or naka Kindat ang headlight pag naka Lo-beam.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    so for short dalhin ko muna sa nearest known and friendly Electrician? before judging the problem in my Headlight? hmm, that is possible,

I'd better check my wirings, then bulb, then the controller assembly..
    but one what I have read, the nearest ones would be its either the wiring or the Bulbs,

Valvura,
    Even though its only on one side? (right side, Passengers seat side), its like a BULAG effect, or naka Kindat ang headlight pag naka Lo-beam.
    if it's one side only, presuming ok pa yung bulbs, the culprit would be the wiring going to the defective light. a DIY way, if you dare doing one, would be cutting the (+) wire going to the low beam of the defective bulb since lumalabas na "putol" na siya somewhere. note that the 3 terminals of the bulb & socket correspond to the ground (-), high (+) and low (+).
    then you tap the power of the cut low (+) to the low (+) of the working bulb by connecting a new wire. this way "parallel" connection pa rin siya. iyan din ang gagawin ng "good" electrician. a "bad" electricain would outright tell you to buy the assembly without even checking the wirings, then, pag hindi umubra, doon pa lang papasok ang simpleng re-wiring.

....my 2 cents...just giving you some insights...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ic, let me check later, wala kc time, madilim kc sa garahe and wala ung friendly electritcian ko eh, Beautician meron, hahahaha...

I'll let them check the Wirings, mukhang dun nga, kc As far as i remember, napalitan ko na ung Socket ko from stock to Ceramic, and hmm, pakiramdam ko hindi maganda ung pagkakaAus ng wirings, pero that is a long time ago, last year pa yun ang pagkakaalam ko, months lng ang lumipas and nakapagEngine wash na rin ako, ngaun lng xa bumigay, hindi kya't dahil sa bagHi-Beam ko sa Road, kesa na magBusina, magFlasher ka na lng??

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    mga kapatid! since generic naman yung title nung thread, magtatanong na ako tungkol sa headlight. may nakakaalam ba sa inyo kung magkano na ngayon ang replacement headlight assembly para sa 97 lancer "itlog" edition? thanks sa inyo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HeadLight Question