New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    my current bulb is Osram Bilux 12v 100/80w halogen, pundi na ung low nung isa, i want to replace both, meron ako nakita Narva H4 100/90w, can i change to this bulb without replacing the current electricals (relays)? btw, ano b ung H4? what do these mean?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Liz,

If you already upgraded your headlight wirings and installed relays, you should be able to use bulbs with the wattages you indicated.

As for H4, it's a type of bulb. Not all lighting systems use the same type of bulb.

Hope that helps.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    so ok na ako mag palit from current osram (all wetather) to narva without any problems. ung 100/90w means 100w sa high beam at 90w sa low beam? am i right?

can u pls enlighten me on types of lighting system u mention? sorry, zero knowledge ako d2 e. tnx. tnx.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    and also... dont know kung naka upgrade na ung wirings ko o hindi, pero i assume upgraded na since ung current ko e 100/90w na. tama b?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Before using hi-wattage head light bulbs. Hi wattage means na higher than stock. We have to upgrade the electricals first. Sa mga gumagamit ng H4 na head light bulb, normally mula relay to wirings hanggang headlight mismo ay pinapalitan.

Now this upgraded wirings also have a maximum capacity (in watts).

Ang H4 kasi has separate wires for the hi and for the low. If paraho lang ang size ng wires, kung ano ang max na watts sa hi ay puwede rin sa low. Normally kasi mababa ang wattage ng bulb sa low.

Headlight bulb